U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2018, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
321 posts, read 201,620 times
Reputation: 670

Advertisements

So I held off on the purchase of F150...low and behold, they extended 0% financing until end of October.

Must comment on all the posts. I believe a good percentage of buyers are aware of the tricks Auto deals use. There are so many online help sites, you just can't be that unprepared when you buy.

I really don't comprehend the posts about if you have 0% you pay much more on vehicle. All my research indicates that the prices are all pretty consistent, and 0% is just a great deal.

Unfortunately, (like many on this site), I don't have 34K just sitting around. My plan to purchase a "bright shiny new toy", is my plan, I'm looking for the versatility, the high seating, the function of a truck, basically need one for towing, etc...I'm knowledgable enough to negotiate a good price, and yes, 0% for 60 or 72 months, wow, thanks.

The 2019's are arriving, and I will begin my negotiations. I never buy day one, unless they give me everything. This week, I plan to pull a couple of stickers, test drive one or two, then see what they say...Of course they will hard sell, I always tell them that I won't buy today. I walk, they call, I go back in, etc. etc. I'm not a arsehole, I'm just being a smart shopper. Like posters have mentioned, they make their money. But I'd like to keep as much as mine as possible.

Probably purchase this month tho, I really need my bright shiny new toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2018, 11:36 AM
 
8,285 posts, read 3,454,476 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
So I held off on the purchase of F150...low and behold, they extended 0% financing until end of October.

Must comment on all the posts. I believe a good percentage of buyers are aware of the tricks Auto deals use. There are so many online help sites, you just can't be that unprepared when you buy.

I really don't comprehend the posts about if you have 0% you pay much more on vehicle. All my research indicates that the prices are all pretty consistent, and 0% is just a great deal.

Unfortunately, (like many on this site), I don't have 34K just sitting around. My plan to purchase a "bright shiny new toy", is my plan, I'm looking for the versatility, the high seating, the function of a truck, basically need one for towing, etc...I'm knowledgable enough to negotiate a good price, and yes, 0% for 60 or 72 months, wow, thanks.

The 2019's are arriving, and I will begin my negotiations. I never buy day one, unless they give me everything. This week, I plan to pull a couple of stickers, test drive one or two, then see what they say...Of course they will hard sell, I always tell them that I won't buy today. I walk, they call, I go back in, etc. etc. I'm not a arsehole, I'm just being a smart shopper. Like posters have mentioned, they make their money. But I'd like to keep as much as mine as possible.

Probably purchase this month tho, I really need my bright shiny new toy.
I always get my out the door price before discussing 0%. Anything higher I generally go cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 AM
 
Location: NJ
22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I always get my out the door price before discussing 0%. Anything higher I generally go cash.
exactly. financing doesnt even come up until price is agreed on.

ill probably be in the market in a year, i like to get the previous model year since they often give you additional incentives for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 08:43 AM
 
8,285 posts, read 3,454,476 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
exactly. financing doesnt even come up until price is agreed on.

ill probably be in the market in a year, i like to get the previous model year since they often give you additional incentives for that.
Or buy current year but used, like new, very low miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top