U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:03 AM

4,319 posts, read 5,268,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
In case I wasn't clear...
I don't give a fig what any company or their sycophants want to think or say or assume.
And suggest anyone reading this to consider adopting the same view.

I prefer to avoid that sort of joke.
Some, too many it seems, don't appreciate the reality of the situations where so many are hired into jobs
that take advantage of them because they don't consider it all.
Huh, yeah, I mean I only expect my sales and marketing head to work the 40 hours I pay her for. Are there times she may work a few hours more if we have a big deal in the works? Sure, I'm sure that's the case, she's very ambitious, but the difference is she gets between 5-9% commission on the GROSS of any deals she closes, so it's not as though she's not being compensated for her work. It's really her prerogative if she wants to put in the extra effort, I sure don't mind if she doesn't, nor would I expect her to do so. She's paid for the 40 hours and that's that.

In all honesty I really don't care THAT much if she worked 35 hours and I paid her for 40, I mean ultimately her hourly rate isn't very much, she makes any real money on commissions, so if she wants to do that, whatever, it's up to her. The thing is, though, I trust her and know that she does everything required and does an amazing job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or