U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 07:36 PM

7,312 posts, read 8,149,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Are you kidding or are you downplaying ignorance? How could integrating technology into economic analysis be a scam?
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 07:39 PM

12,712 posts, read 9,472,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Although after Romer I froze my butt off at Booth as well.
It was especially chilly when I went. But back then it was UCGSB.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:25 AM

13,474 posts, read 7,181,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
WTF does this even mean?

"Romer, a former chief economist of the World Bank, received the prize 'for integrating technological innovations into long-run macroeconomic analysis,' the Nobel committee said."

Sounds like a scam.
No, it sounds like someone having to describe a very complicated thing to an audience who wouldn't have a clue what it was so they had to make something general up.

Why do people with less knowledge assume everything they don't understand is a scam?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Status: "So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late." (set 12 days ago)

3,274 posts, read 1,478,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
No, it sounds like someone having to describe a very complicated thing to an audience who wouldn't have a clue what it was so they had to make something general up.

Why do people with less knowledge assume everything they don't understand is a scam?
An effort to bring a little joy to the world

Old 10-10-2018, 08:19 AM

3,189 posts, read 1,283,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

Why do you assume that I don't understand this? Honestly, I don't care. I read an article and what he said was obvious, but there was nothing about this person that peaked my interest in such a way that could benefit me financially.

Why don't you accept this thread for what it really is?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:59 AM

15,282 posts, read 15,266,256 times
I passed old a long time ago, now I look in the mirror and see a living-zombie.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Why do you assume that I don't understand this? Honestly, I don't care. I read an article and what he said was obvious, but there was nothing about this person that peaked my interest in such a way that could benefit me financially.

Why don't you accept this thread for what it really is?
Did you read Romer or an article about him? Nothing Romer writes about is obvious. The guy is at low level war with many of his peers - he's a disruptive force in econ.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 AM

13,149 posts, read 9,227,223 times
Economics "Science" uses a variable as a unit of measure (paper currency) and apologizes for usury, which is mathematically unsustainable in a finite money token system. (Don't believe me - do the math on the exponential equation for calculating compound interest)

As to other features of "money madness" I will demur.

Suffice to say, the "free World" is hostage to an insane system.

IMHO, only producers / laborers should have power to create the mediums of exchange with which to trade for that which they can do, produce or have.
Letting governments (consuming parasites) or bankers (more consuming predatory parasites) issue "money" is a recipe for disaster.

Come to think of it, the USCON did NOT grant Congress any power to create money. Art. 1, Sec. 8 states that Congress can COIN money (stamp bullion) or BORROW money. If Congress ever had the power to create money, why would it need power to borrow it?

Ask an eCONomist to explain it to you. But don't ask two in the same room. That will only spark a fight.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:36 PM

4,797 posts, read 2,283,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Economics "Science" uses a variable as a unit of measure (paper currency)
Congrats, you managed to say something false within the first ten words of your post.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Economics "Science" uses a variable as a unit of measure (paper currency) and apologizes for usury, which is mathematically unsustainable in a finite money token system. (Don't believe me - do the math on the exponential equation for calculating compound interest)

As to other features of "money madness" I will demur.

Suffice to say, the "free World" is hostage to an insane system.

IMHO, only producers / laborers should have power to create the mediums of exchange with which to trade for that which they can do, produce or have.
Letting governments (consuming parasites) or bankers (more consuming predatory parasites) issue "money" is a recipe for disaster.

Come to think of it, the USCON did NOT grant Congress any power to create money. Art. 1, Sec. 8 states that Congress can COIN money (stamp bullion) or BORROW money. If Congress ever had the power to create money, why would it need power to borrow it?

Ask an eCONomist to explain it to you. But don't ask two in the same room. That will only spark a fight.

Dude. This insane system is the best devised and implemented by man EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics