U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 PM

311 posts, read 536,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It doesn't make a difference. Shareholders have no right to own a company that is operated by separate workers (as they are the owners) while the mangers have no right to control labor without worker say.
FYI the owner is the shareholder in a private company. You have to own shares to own the company. When you set up your LLC or S-Corp, you are the share holder. Owners and workers are not mutually exclusive and in a small company it's often the same person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 PM

6,365 posts, read 1,760,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkin View Post
FYI the owner is the shareholder in a private company. You have to own shares to own the company. When you set up your LLC or S-Corp, you are the share holder. Owners and workers are not mutually exclusive and in a small company it's often the same person.
I know. And even in small businesses the owner isn't the only one who works there.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Guys, don't get baited into this nonsense. OP is a troll that keeps doubling down on his foolishness to keep you engaged in his little game. People that have real solutions to problems don't post 15+ pages of tired BS on an internet forum. OP is either some loser getting a Soros paycheck to sidetrack people from issues that matter, or he's a loser that's broke and lazy, dreaming of a system that will let him continue to be a parasite. Either way, not worth getting into it with him.
It's obvious you have nothing of substance to say and instead resort to false personal attacks which is very sad for you.

Anyways worker owned and managed production is growing in this country and elsewhere as the state and the private industry fail the people.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:22 PM

384 posts, read 270,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Anyways worker owned and managed production is growing in this country and elsewhere as the state and the private industry fail the people.
So where exactly do you work?

Old 10-14-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
So where exactly do you work?
Right now? I work for a small agro business and part time in a prison rehabilitation center. I don't have to support a family so that helps.

No, I don't work with a cooperative, but I wish to start one soon.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Right now? I work for a small agro business. I don't have to support a family so that helps.

No, I don't work with a cooperative, but I wish to start one soon.
In other words, you grow and sell pot.

You're free to start your co-op at any time. You can get the ball rolling first thing in the morning. What's stopping you?

Old 10-14-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
In other words, you grow and sell pot.

You're free to start your co-op at any time. You can get the ball rolling first thing in the morning. What's stopping you?
No, I don't grow pot. I edited the post to add I work (or volunteer I guess) at a prison rehabilitation center in Manchester.

And I have plans to build self sustaining houses in Guatemala, and after that, who knows. I'll certainly make the world a better place.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
No, I don't grow pot. I edited the post to add I work (or volunteer I guess) at a prison rehabilitation center in Manchester.

And I have plans to build self sustaining houses in Guatemala, and after that, who knows. I'll certainly make the world a better place.
Plans and volunteer work aren't putting a roof over your head, food on your table, or clothes on your back. So how are you receiving those things, because you're clearly not homeless, starving, and naked. You're either providing them through your labor (Which you admit that you're not) or you're, by definition, a parasite.

You harp on about capitalists using the labor of others for their own benefit yet here you are using the labor of others to live as a parasite on society. Talk about being a hypocrite!

Old 10-15-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Plans and volunteer work aren't putting a roof over your head, food on your table, or clothes on your back. So how are you receiving those things, because you're clearly not homeless, starving, and naked. You're either providing them through your labor (Which you admit that you're not) or you're, by definition, a parasite.

You harp on about capitalists using the labor of others for their own benefit yet here you are using the labor of others to live as a parasite on society. Talk about being a hypocrite!
blah blah blah. You don't know anything about me, and you have yet to make one substantive argument against local control and worker self management against state and corporate power.

Just a bunch of false accusations and personal attacks.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
blah blah blah. You don't know anything about me, and you have yet to make one substantive argument against local control and worker self management against state and corporate power.

Just a bunch of false accusations and personal attacks.
I don't have anything to discuss with hypocrites. Take your own advice and stop being a parasite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or