U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 02:36 AM

65,830 posts, read 67,139,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Starwind View Post
Dead on. Just look at his post history. There is a good reason why 99% of users just ignore him.
not true at all, you two are always bumping heads but i find him generally correct . i pick up things i did not know from him from time to time . like me , he just disputes bs and things that make little sense yet people say it and do it

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-06-2018 at 03:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 PM

17,783 posts, read 12,462,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
What have you added to this discussion? Or are you just a troll? Or maybe you have low expectations for your own ability to contribute to an economic discussion.

Which is it?

I added no more than your silly story did. No one on SSDI is buying a new 70k truck and how that was relevant to the actually topic is beyond me. Then also had to throw leftist in there which is also off base

Old 11-09-2018, 08:54 PM

472 posts, read 256,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
not true at all, you two are always bumping heads but i find him generally correct . i pick up things i did not know from him from time to time . like me , he just disputes bs and things that make little sense yet people say it and do it
Guess your mileage will vary as in the majority of my interactions he has been wrong and embarrassingly so

Old 11-10-2018, 08:45 AM

2,731 posts, read 3,788,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I added no more than your silly story did. No one on SSDI is buying a new 70k truck and how that was relevant to the actually topic is beyond me. Then also had to throw leftist in there which is also off base
My neighbor "affords" a $70k truck on SSDI. I guess you missed the point of my post because all you are about is dissing other people's posts without adding anything relevant yourself.

Go away, troll.

For the non-troll posters in this thread, the fact that many of these "poor" Americans that supposedly make less than $30k a year actually get sufficient subsidies to be able to buy cr@p that they don't really need. When I stop seeing them running around with expensive cr@p (e.g., $1k cell phones), then maybe, just maybe, I might consider the economy is in trouble. But it sure isn't at this time.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
My neighbor "affords" a $70k truck on SSDI. I guess you missed the point of my post because all you are about is dissing other people's posts without adding anything relevant yourself.

Go away, troll.

The truth is you donít actually know how he affords it. Thatís the truth. I know SSDI isnít enough to live on and buy a brand new 70k truck every year as itís simply not sustainable. There was no real point to it just like there was no relevance using the term leftist

Old 11-10-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
The truth is you don’t actually know how he affords it. That’s the truth. I know SSDI isn’t enough to live on and buy a brand new 70k truck every year as it’s simply not sustainable. There was no real point to it just like there was no relevance using the term leftist
How do YOU know how he does it? Duh.

I talk to my neighbor. That's how I know.

You contribute very little to discussions, mostly dissing other people's posts. I am sorry you live such a sad life.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
For the non-troll posters in this thread, the fact that many of these "poor" Americans that supposedly make less than $30k a year actually get sufficient subsidies to be able to buy cr@p that they don't really need. When I stop seeing them running around with expensive cr@p (e.g., $1k cell phones), then maybe, just maybe, I might consider the economy is in trouble. But it sure isn't at this time.
The problem with making the judgements you are is that you donít ever know the full truth behind peopleís situation. You are making judgements on peopleís financial situation with limited to no knowledge

Old 11-10-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
How do YOU know how he does it? Duh.

You contribute very little to discussions, mostly dissing other people's posts. I am sorry you live such a sad life.
I don’t know how he does it and you don’t either but it isn’t on SSDI alone. What do you feel your contribution to the thread was with that story? Nothing other than sensationalism and the fact that you can let answer the question you just asked

Old 11-10-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
The problem with making the judgements you are is that you don’t ever know the full truth behind people’s situation. You are making judgements on people’s financial situation with limited to no knowledge
My neighbor told me about his situation so I know the facts.

Wow. Awkward. Now don't you feel like an idjit for your post?

Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
My neighbor told me about his situation so I know the facts.

Wow. Awkward. Now don't you feel like an idjit for your post?

You neighbor told you so itís facts? Seems legit. Fact is you donít know how he does it but it certainly doesnít make sense that SSDI is how he does it. So is the truth you exaggerated a bit? Thatís more likely given the details you posted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics