Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:47 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times

Advertisements

This thread has strayed from anything related to economics and is almost borderline shopping and political.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:58 PM

24,524 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
What.......just because one hopes for some "turnabout is fair play", one has to be lumped into the "Bitter Box"?? lol
That's no fun!
I'm sure you have some personal wishes too, my friend.
Irving Oil is structured to avoid those nasty duties, I assure you. And as I said, the lower the price of crude, the lower the transportation costs.......n'est ce pas? At least one would think...Those big tankers and truckers burn lots of fuel.....

Sounds like you're loaded with oil stocks. Great for you. Bad for consumers. I'd just like to see people like you lose a bunch of income for a few years, so that my neighbors can have more cash. Don't take it so personally! If my neighbors took it personally when you and guys like you are making a bunch off oil, while they pay through the nose; well, that would make just as little sense. It's a game.

(As for my finances, doing great, thanks! I own oil stock, of course. And I don't even really mind spending one-tenth of my disposable income on various forms of the product. Not at all. It's a vital product that allows for many things.
No, this is more of a cross between "pet peeve" and "righteous indignation"..........Actually, I take it back; there's nothing "righteous" about wanting the worm to turn. I just do. I think it would be great to see the oil guys get personally hammered and lose half their income for a few years, so that consumers can have some extra cash in their pockets. But that's not out of any sense of justice or injustice. I guess you COULD say it's rooting for the underdogs....)
Time to sell and distribute to the elderly, underprivileged, fixed income folks. then you will be able to breath easier.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:00 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
yes... in 1976

been using 'free fuel' ever since...

but... AMSOIL !!!!

They are still jacking up the 'feedstock' story... was paying $76 for 5 Gal HD Diesel 15w-40, Now $150+ There must be a LOT of barrels in Synthetic lube oil Feedstock,

I welcome algae fuel, and hope to 'Grow-my-own'

Nothin is free. You have to process your fuel. You need to add additives chemicals etc to refine cooking oil. Los what’s your time worth. It’s cheaper for me to buy fuel when I need it then to manufacture it. Not only that if you get caught you could be looking a fines as you are not paying road tax on the fuel.
I have a buddy who used to make his own diesel from cooking oil. Good luck getting the used cooking oil. He stopped because he simply could not get the used cooking oil for free. Companies are coming out and taking it from the restaurants just like they take used oil fro shops.
I used to save my used oil and give it to a guy who did his own fro used oil. But he stopped. Not sure why. I have a neighbor who takes the used oil and dumps it in his tank at work

Old 11-27-2018, 01:45 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Something tells me you also loathe almost every one who works on Wall Street.
The ones who are involved in Oil in any way, absolutely..............lol

Old 11-27-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I personally think that gasoline is an incredible, almost unbelievable bargain. It's worth far more to me than it costs. Far more. It's provided by a wonderful industry we in the USA should be thankful for.
I agree, for the most part.
But I loathe the way that the pricing is done, in such a blatantly anti-capitalistic way.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Time to sell and distribute to the elderly, underprivileged, fixed income folks. then you will be able to breath easier.
Nah, I will need to continue to "get ahead" in any way I can, partly because of the shenanigans in the oil industry and pricing of oil/heating fuel. I want the people who are directly involved in the pricing of these products to become homeless and live on the streets. And I would gladly earn 20% less on my oil stocks if it meant an end to these people and their careers. That would feel SO good!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics