Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,132,100 times

Advertisements

Congratulation, ThatGuyWho! I'll start paying more attention to the guy with the forgettable name.

I still think it's good to have a LITTLE gold or silver, not as an investment but simply a preserver of some capital if we get hit by hyperinflation or some other economic catastrophe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM

242 posts, read 734,109 times
I am sitting here with a scotttrade account ready to go...but not ready to get in yet. And am looking for a currency/commodity guy too, but not yet.

I think two things are gonna happen once the great bailout thing is done..

1) gold and silver will just keep falling down into oblivion, slowly but surely (which is when I will buy some)

2) with 10 trillion being thrown to the wind in the USA alone, it reminds me of what happened before the stock crash of 1929.... land bust, banks failed, money was lent to banks or 'granted' to them en masse. Caused a huge speculation bubble in stocks as that money was put into play with low margin loans....and then the real crash happened.

so...either it will slowly go down or go up crazy and crash horribly. At least I think so.....

problem is...if you buy gold at a really low price after a crash it might stay down there for 10 years or so....yikes for long term investing.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times
Thatguywho..I agree with you on #2. It's eerie how similar this is to the Great Depression events.
I've got some money too sitting waiting for this next leg up..speculation of course, not long term investing. I'm following some financial sites that are tracking this too. They are recommending if you are going to jump into the next bear rally to also enter a stop loss order in case you miss the drop.

I've never been into buying gold but I might invest (yes I said invest) in a gold mining company next time the market plummets.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,756,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Wow. This person has an interesting take on things.

Oil....34 bucks a barrel? ...I think he's high....

The part about screwing them because they are being saved and you aren't...sort of got to me, though.
'Cuz that is how I see it, too. Hrmmm... Oh well, anyways...it's something to read!

How to survive the Great Depression of 2008 - 2009
I survived '08-'09 without declaring bankruptcy...and I didn't check out "sekshop" Did I do something wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics