U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

4,957 posts, read 2,362,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
I personally feel you may have been dropped on your head at some point.
He's maintaining a hilarious (and sad) logical disconnect.

Apparently if I used to sell 100 apples per day but due to the new orchard down the street I now only sell 80 apples per day, I no longer sell apples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:46 AM

1,097 posts, read 582,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
... I'm amazed that you can't wrap your head around the difference between a country not producing something and a country losing ground in the global market. The latter doesn't prove the former. If Intel has lost global market share of CPUs but is still the #1 producer in the world, had revenue of 63 billion in 2017, and produces most of their product in USA where they employ 100k, it means USA still produces CPUs regardless of whether their market share is 72% or 70%. Intel losing ground slightly doesn't mean USA doesn't produce CPUs anymore, and it doesn't support this nonsense you were spouting that USA doesn't produce a great many high end products.
Lieqiang, I‘m opposed to USA’s chronically annual trade deficits of goods. Trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nation’s GDP and drag upon their numbers of jobs.

The too few eminent USA industries that sparkle on the fabric of our nation’s economy, are WANING. As the years pass, they’re outputs are lesser proportions of world’s production of similar goods and in some cases lesser proportions of sales within our own domestic marketplace.

[They are behaving similarly to other previously great USA industries that are now shadows of their previous production volumes; (e.g. USA’s shoes, brass, steel, shipping, and clothing industries)].

That’s why I’m an advocate of USA adopting a unilateral trade policy sensitive and automatically self-adjusting to markets; (a trade policy not dependent upon ad hoc political negotiations).

I’m specifically a proponent of the improved concept described in Wikipedia’s article, “Import Certificates”. The unilateral policy doesn’t discriminate among enterprises, or industries or foreign nations; it’s intolerant of its nation experiencing great annual trade deficits of goods; while simultainiously increasing its nation’s GDP and bolstering their numbers of jobs more than otherwise.

Old Today, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
Lieqiang, I‘m opposed to USA’s chronically annual trade deficits of goods. Trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nation’s GDP and drag upon their numbers of jobs.

The too few eminent USA industries that sparkle on the fabric of our nation’s economy, are WANING. As the years pass, they’re outputs are lesser proportions of world’s production of similar goods and in some cases lesser proportions of sales within our own domestic marketplace.

[They are behaving similarly to other previously great USA industries that are now shadows of their previous production volumes; (e.g. USA’s shoes, brass, steel, shipping, and clothing industries)].

That’s why I’m an advocate of USA adopting a unilateral trade policy sensitive and automatically self-adjusting to markets; (a trade policy not dependent upon ad hoc political negotiations).

I’m specifically a proponent of the improved concept described in Wikipedia’s article, “Import Certificates”. The unilateral policy doesn’t discriminate among enterprises, or industries or foreign nations; it’s intolerant of its nation experiencing great annual trade deficits of goods; while simultainiously increasing its nation’s GDP and bolstering their numbers of jobs more than otherwise.
Your opposition of trade deficits does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products. Lesser proportion of world production does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products. What you advocate on trade policies does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products.

Again... I'm here disputing what you said about USA and high end products. You suddenly arguing everything else you can think of with any tangible relation to the subject doesn't change that what you said was false.

Does USA produce many types of high end produces? Yes. Absolutely.

Old Today, 09:12 AM

1,097 posts, read 582,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Your opposition of trade deficits does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products. Lesser proportion of world production does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products. What you advocate on trade policies does not support your claim that USA doesn't produce many types of high end products.

Again... I'm here disputing what you said about USA and high end products. You suddenly arguing everything else you can think of with any tangible relation to the subject doesn't change that what you said was false.

Does USA produce many types of high end produces? Yes. Absolutely.
Lieqiang, my forte is not semantics and I have no intention of continuing to discuss how you (or anyone) interprets my words. If my wording's correct or wrong, then they were what they were and I cannot undo them. I'd be pleased to continue discussing economics.

Quote:

The too few eminent USA goods producing industries that actually sparkle on the fabric of our nation’s economy, are WANING. As the years pass, they’re outputs are lesser proportions of world’s production of similar goods and in some cases lesser proportions of sales within our own domestic marketplace.

I’m specifically a proponent of the improved concept described in Wikipedia’s article, “Import Certificates”. ...

Old Today, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Lieqiang, my forte is not semantics and I have no intention of continuing to discuss how you (or anyone) interprets my words.
Your exact words were: USA is not producing a great many "High-end" types of products

It's not a matter of interpretation, it's a matter of being false. You've been throwing every smoke grenade in the bag trying to prove different things and pretending they somehow reflect truth onto this statement. You're laser fixated on Boeing having a lesser share of the world's aircraft market than a few decades ago, but what matters for American GDP/employment is this:

It isn't a zero sum game where other countries starting to manufacture more airplanes to fill the rapidly growing global demand means Boeing is somehow no longer a high revenue manufacturer of high end products that makes a huge impact on USA manufacturing output.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or