U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,450,839 times

Advertisements

The most outlandish gifts are the ones I see on TV with the couples each getting new cars.

“I love it”

I didn’t know getting a new car was a Xmas gift idea. I’m just a ho hum Midwesterner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 05:45 PM

572 posts, read 148,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
The most outlandish gifts are the ones I see on TV with the couples each getting new cars.

I love it

I didnt know getting a new car was a Xmas gift idea. Im just a ho hum Midwesterner.
DH and I used to laugh about that. What it really boils down to is that one person committed a very large amount of joint funds without the knowledge of the other person. Doesn't matter if it was a loan or cash taken out of investments, doesn't matter of the person who bought it brings in all the income- it's money that now can't be spent elsewhere. We agreed we'd never "gift" each other a car and never did.

A couple of years ago I was browsing in the nicest jewelry store in gtown while waiting for a repair and bent into a contortion and squinted so I could read the price tag on a huge, sparkly diamond necklace. It was $100,000. I wouldn't have wanted that as a gift, either.

Old Today, 05:32 PM

68 posts, read 35,329 times
Was shopping at the Costco north of Denver (Broomfield, I think). Passing through the wine and liquor section, there was a tall glass case with a bottle of Scotch (I think!) that was priced around $35,000.00 !

That's the cost of a pretty nice basic SUV or something ... sheesh ... over $100 a shot (glass) ?

Edited to add: The glass case had a padlock on it ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or