U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:57 AM

66,150 posts, read 67,347,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
MathJak107, I had no trouble googling currency exchange services. Many, if not most commercial banks exchange currency. If there’s no interest in the amount of currency you brought back, it’s apparently not worth much. Did you google the value of the currency itself?
they will not take this currency here . unless we personally know someone with a use for it we are stuck with it. we forgot to trade in what we had left when we left . luckily it was like 35-40 bucks american .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:27 AM

1,115 posts, read 591,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
they will not take this currency here . unless we personally know someone with a use for it we are stuck with it. we forgot to trade in what we had left when we left . luckily it was like 35-40 bucks american .
MathJak107, I don't know where "here" is? Isn't the picture on your web site the same bridge I see when driving on the cross Island expressway? Google currency exchange services in the city. You’re not fussy; you’ll accept their check, or credit to your bank card.

Old Today, 08:35 AM

66,150 posts, read 67,347,606 times
i d/m'd you with the info . there is no conversion in this country on the currency back to dollars.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
My understanding is Trump tariffs is mainly to fight China, and not about trade deficit. The purpose is to slowdown China with a domestic cost. Apparently, tariffs did not work well and the market is spooked with eye catching deficits keep going up.

Fighting China was because Xi is pushing Made in China 2025 that would take the high ground in future technologies in the current 4th industrial revolution. We are seeing Trump ordering hostage taking of Huawei executive in a desperate attempt.
6009, there are substantial economic benefits to significantly reducing or eliminating our great chronic international annual trade deficts. I’m a proponent of the improved policy described within Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article. It is superior to USA’s current and all other trade existing or proposed international trade policies.

Other than the simplest form of “most favored nation agreements”, I’m opposed to our nation participating within any trade agreements for economic purposes. What we or they permit to enter a sovereign nation should not be a matter for international negotiation.

I’m a proponent of our nation treating all non-enemy nations’ entities in an equitable manner, and I expect them to treat us in the same manner. The simple form of a “most favored nation” agreement does not prohibit nations from favoring their own entities.

Nations that do not enter into most favored nation agreements, do not do so at their own commercial peril.

Old Today, 09:14 AM

34,161 posts, read 13,023,384 times
As of September, imports are up, trade deficit is increasing.

In July, the U.S. exported far fewer passenger planes and soybeans and the goods deficit with China "leaped to a record high of nearly $37 billion."

"So far the imposition of U.S. tariffs on a variety of foreign goods have done nothing to curb the deficit. President Trump’s tough line with key trading partners such as China and Canada hasn’t had much effect, either."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...rts-2018-09-05

Old Today, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As of September, imports are up, trade deficit is increasing.

In July, the U.S. exported far fewer passenger planes and soybeans and the goods deficit with China "leaped to a record high of nearly $37 billion."

"So far the imposition of U.S. tariffs on a variety of foreign goods have done nothing to curb the deficit. President Trump’s tough line with key trading partners such as China and Canada hasn’t had much effect, either."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...rts-2018-09-05
GotHereQuickAsICould, I’m a proponent of the improved trade policy described within Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article. You may also refer to the discussion thread,
The costs and benefits of producing or importing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or