Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 PM

106,056 posts, read 108,015,953 times

Advertisements

You forgot the fed .you always need to blame them , it is their fault for global warming too

Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,213,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You forgot the fed .you always need to blame them , it is their fault for global warming too
Yes, the Fed is to blame that you financially were able to recover from 2008. The Fed has stolen money from Millennials and bailed you out and your foolish investments back in 2008. The Fed used public money, taxpayer money and has destroyed our kids and grandkids future to create illusion of economic growth. This was a biggest theft of public money, taxpayer money in the history of the world.

Now Jeremy Powell has to correct this huge mistake that never supposed to happen. Now Jerome Powell needs to be a bad guy. But he is doing the right thing for America and our future.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:45 PM

106,056 posts, read 108,015,953 times
Yep he is doing a fine job, as he likely kills a healthy economy. Low inflation, low unemployment , low oil prices , and slowing growth , and tariffs acting as a tax don’t require more rate increase .

Old 12-19-2018, 01:49 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,213,480 times
Quote:
Yep he is doing a fine job, as he is likely kills a healthy economy.
Your problem is that you are living in a Fantasy World. Our economy has been dead since 2001, what part of this fact and statement don’t you understand? The Fed (Crazy Fed = Greenspan, Bernanke and Yellen) has been stealing money from the future to fake and pretend our economy is growing, to simulate economic growth creating bubbles everywhere- not creating real economic growth.

Wake up, the party is over. Get ready for a lot of pain, debt destruction. It’s time to let bankruptcies and defaults run wild!!!

Old 12-19-2018, 02:01 PM

3,013 posts, read 1,979,747 times
When those screwed younger people start voting in mass numbers the senior citizens better watch out, goodby Medicare, goodbye Social Security. They will say we can't afford it. I agree with C2BP that the powers that be bailed out the financial sector instead of letting the worst offenders fail. Taxpayers paid the price multiple ways but the nation came out of a financial death spiral.

Seniors today are complaining they can't earn enough money on their nest eggs. They planned on 12% returns on their stocks, "historical average" or hysterical average? Instead they got a risky stock market, 2% money markets and 3% CD's. But they elect dopes who lie through their teeth. I have no sympathy for greedy people who only think about themselves and vote for cheaters and liars. And neither will millenials. The bill will come due.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:16 PM

780 posts, read 422,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
When those screwed younger people start voting in mass numbers the senior citizens better watch out, goodby Medicare, goodbye Social Security. They will say we can't afford it. I agree with C2BP that the powers that be bailed out the financial sector instead of letting the worst offenders fail. Taxpayers paid the price multiple ways but the nation came out of a financial death spiral.

Seniors today are complaining they can't earn enough money on their nest eggs. They planned on 12% returns on their stocks, "historical average" or hysterical average? Instead they got a risky stock market, 2% money markets and 3% CD's. But they elect dopes who lie through their teeth. I have no sympathy for greedy people who only think about themselves and vote for cheaters and liars. And neither will millenials. The bill will come due.
This seems short sighted. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, so to speak. It'd serve us all a lot better if Medicare was expanded to cover more people and eliminate the burden on employers to provide health insurance as an EB, and Social Security was well-funded to ensure at least some financial security into retirement.

Last edited by Sir Quotes A Lot; 12-19-2018 at 02:26 PM..

Old 12-19-2018, 02:21 PM

780 posts, read 422,512 times
Quote:
Yep he is doing a fine job, as he likely kills a healthy economy. Low inflation, low unemployment , low oil prices , and slowing growth , and tariffs acting as a tax don’t require more rate increase .
Part of the Fed's duty is to try their best to forecast inflation and use their tools (monetary policy) to protect us against high inflation.

Eight to 10 years of a booming economy is likely to result in higher inflation, which it has in some sectors such as housing and development for instance. The Fed is doing what it always has done during similar times throughout history, and this is why they are non-political and aren't affiliated with our federal government.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM

10,309 posts, read 8,480,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
“Why Millennials Are Financially Screwed"

Because we have stolen money from them to protect foolish investors and speculators, to protect failed Capitalists, failed Corporations, to protect status quo. We faked and simulated economic growth for 17 years. We are bunch of cowards!!!
Feel free to call yourself a coward. LMAO at your posts

Old 12-19-2018, 04:11 PM

7,898 posts, read 7,084,077 times
Quote:
Same about my kids who are already doing better at the start of their careers then I ended with
Yup, my youngest daughter, 30, past my peak salary. She just changed jobs and got a sign on bonus that was more than my wife's highest annual salary. She has 3 close friends from grade school. They are all doing well. Two have advanced degrees and the third has started a successful business.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:41 PM

5,902 posts, read 4,398,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Yup, my youngest daughter, 30, past my peak salary. She just changed jobs and got a sign on bonus that was more than my wife's highest annual salary. She has 3 close friends from grade school. They are all doing well. Two have advanced degrees and the third has started a successful business.
This is what I was talking about with the top 20 percent. The millenials at the high end are highly educated and motivated. It’s why I get so angry when people bash us. They’re dead wrong about us being lazy and entitled. The options for high paid work are enormous. There’s a war for this talent.

My wife and I blew past 100k in our mid twenties and I did individually before 30. There’s no way my parents made anywhere near that inflation adjusted in the late 70s early 80s when they were in their twenties with me and my siblings.

But...the haves and have nots will be massive in our generation. The flip side of this is your average millenial is left with a low paying job and all the stability and good benefits stripped away. They truely are screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics