Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 06:30 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Love people like you... You’ve probably got nothing so you have nothing to lose.
Stealing from others is always easier than going out and earning it for yourself.
You have no ambition other than to profit from ambitious people’s hard work.
Ambitious does not equate to hard-working.

I am hard-working, results don't equate to input.

Do you think someone sitting on rising stocks is 'hard-working' as they take all the value from others?

Old 01-18-2019, 02:52 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Clearly.

You've written about 200 posts in this thread since you started it a week ago, yet have failed to convince anyone of anything.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:31 AM

603 posts, read 442,016 times
Quote:

Well you certainly have been working very hard in this thread trying to convince everybody that your stupid ideas have a shred of merit.
And your right results don’t equal input ... so far it appears you’ve had zero success which is an outcome it sounds like you’re familiar with.

Keep on trollin’

Old 01-18-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
Well you certainly have been working very hard in this thread trying to convince everybody that your stupid ideas have a shred of merit.
And your right results don’t equal input ... so far it appears you’ve had zero success which is an outcome it sounds like you’re familiar with.

Keep on trollin’

I’m not trolling.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:57 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
I’m not trolling.
when are you going to give me 90% of your income? I can give you a handout from it while I get the rest of us steak and lobster

Old 01-18-2019, 07:54 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
Quote:
Ambitious does not equate to hard-working.

Do you think someone sitting on rising stocks is 'hard-working' as they take all the value from others?
lol, how did "someone" get the rising stocks in the first place?? Yes they are hard working. I know quite a few very wealthy people who are stock owners. How did they get that way?? let's see, busted their you know whats to put themselves through usually 8 years of school after high school. Got jobs and worked very hard for 30 years while knowing the value of saving and investing.

They are not "taking" a damn thing, they earned every single nickel. Yes somethings results absolutely do equate to input.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:59 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
All owners are paid for their work. 'Excess production' is paid to workers as a wage, which they can do anything with.

"If there was no competition they would be able to survive just fine" lol...yes, with no one competing, any business would be fine. You will always have competition. There will always be people trying to find a better way to do things.

And again, your example only survives because of government grants (it's registered as a non-profit so that is specifically qualifies for the government funds that it relies on)
lol and if you scroll down to the bottom of every one of his "examples" they all ask for "donations".

Evergreen "invites" you to "make a gift". lol, translation: oh we're surviving because other people are footing the bill.

So guys, I'm starting my own "cooperative" it's called "shewantstoretiretoday". help a sister out and become a partner in our efforts to build a community wealth.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
lol and if you scroll down to the bottom of every one of his "examples" they all ask for "donations".

Evergreen "invites" you to "make a gift". lol, translation: oh we're surviving because other people are footing the bill.

So guys, I'm starting my own "cooperative" it's called "shewantstoretiretoday". help a sister out and become a partner in our efforts to build a community wealth.
Cooperatives require support because they are not modeled after a free market economy where market share is controlled by the largest competitor, private capital can be accumulated, and money equals power.

They offer a vision of a post-capitalist society.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
when are you going to give me 90% of your income? I can give you a handout from it while I get the rest of us steak and lobster
Capital Gains aren't income, it is increased value from external affects.

If I buy a plot of land, sell it 10 years later for a profit, how am I creating wealth?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
lol, how did "someone" get the rising stocks in the first place?? Yes they are hard working. I know quite a few very wealthy people who are stock owners. How did they get that way?? let's see, busted their you know whats to put themselves through usually 8 years of school after high school. Got jobs and worked very hard for 30 years while knowing the value of saving and investing.

They are not "taking" a damn thing, they earned every single nickel. Yes somethings results absolutely do equate to input.
I'm sure you know hard-working people who got rich from capital gains.

But if you look at the feedback loop, it's just a process to concentrate wealth into the hands of a few, which makes freedom less accessible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics