Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What the heck?

Your home is your main residence. If you want to physical kill or silence me, that would be breaking a law.
It’s only the main residence of the person in it. There’s no title or ownership deed. If the cops show up and I’m living in it, that means I have possession, that means it’s now my residence. That doesn’t give them probable cause to look into your misfortune any further.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Why does this whole thread remind me of whack a mole?
You hit one and another pops up elsewhere.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It’s only the main residence of the person in it. There’s no title or ownership deed. If the cops show up and I’m living in it, that means I have possession, that means it’s now my residence. That doesn’t give them probable cause to look into your misfortune any further.
What are you talking about? No one said anything about no documentation.

You could have a community, state, or federal institution have housing claims until a person moves out.

I mean, come on.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
check out his posts on P&C and you will see the poster just hates government in every form. This is just more of the same ...
This is incredible false.

Opposing state tyranny is different from opposing public works, and communal land protection like protection of the rivers, lakes, and national parks from polluted waste by industrial producers.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
You can not own what you do not utilize. If people want to make money, fine. But the property they use cannot be deemed legal by the concept of private property.
So why would anyone pay for maintenance costs of said property? After all, it's not mine, I'm just a user. Why would anyone build a better tool?

When people get sick...do they just use what medicine we have today...the rest....well, screw it they can die?

Your system that you advocate for has killed more people than the Nazis.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
So why would anyone pay for maintenance costs of said property? After all, it's not mine, I'm just a user. Why would anyone build a better tool?

When people get sick...do they just use what medicine we have today...the rest....well, screw it they can die?

Your system that you advocate for has killed more people than the Nazis.
Your desperate attempts to misconstrue what I'm saying won't work.

People maintain their property because they own and us it. Do you only wash your dishes if someone pays you?

And cooperative ownership of public tools like roads or medical facilities will be controlled and funded by the owners, who are the cumulative users of that good.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
1. This is not worth a response. Vacant land is not meant to be ‘owned’.
Vacant land is owned. Vacant land may be undeveloped for whatever reason, or it may be developed with an existing vacant structure.

Quote:
No its not. Back then private property was personal property and the outcome of ones labor was stored personally.
Private property and personal property are one in the same.

Your ability to make up definitions is truly boundless.

Quote:
Industrial capitalism has credit loans that extend ownership to property that is not utilized, while market value is sold to private investors as a system of coordinating capital for profit.
Quote:
And this is not the complete case. Yes demand and supply rise costs, but demand and supply are artificially constructed by investors.

When part of the demand exists for investing money in real estate, flipping housing, and storing wealth in a certain market, demand is artificially risen. Conversely this means developers make more profit building high-end real estate which makes part of the supply inaccessible for middle income people.
Supply & Demand are not artificially constructed, and flipping houses is irrelevant. Only a small percentage of houses in a market are flipped, and so what if they are? The selling price is always what the market will bear, so it makes no difference if a house is flipped or not.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:07 PM

10,752 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
What the heck?

Your home is your main residence. If you want to physical kill or silence me, that would be breaking a law.
So would taking my property because you believe that I "don't control it."

Old 01-27-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
So would taking my property because you believe that I "don't control it."
You change the law to reflect the realities of personal property and property by usage.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Vacant land is owned. Vacant land may be undeveloped for whatever reason, or it may be developed with an existing vacant structure.

Private property and personal property are one in the same.

Your ability to make up definitions is truly boundless.

Supply & Demand are not artificially constructed, and flipping houses is irrelevant. Only a small percentage of houses in a market are flipped, and so what if they are? The selling price is always what the market will bear, so it makes no difference if a house is flipped or not.
1. No it's not. Without state protection and property valuation, vacant land wouldn't be owned by any one individual or entity

2. Nope, I didn't make up the word: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property

3. Flipping homes is only a symptom of the problem. As logos was telling you in the other thread, investing in real-estate, speculating on its value, and making wealth off of no labor, adds to the demand.

Traditionally demand would only be affected by function, or people would buy things for whatever value they had in of themselves. Now people also buy property for their numerical value, not for the function they play. That's why buyers of high end realestate don't move in, but just use them as an investment tool.

That artificially raises demand and market prices. Besides that there is marketing, which opens up an entirely different can of warms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics