U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:23 AM

705 posts, read 278,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
One advantage of not accepting cash is that it makes the business less attractive to thieves (both the ones who come in with guns to rob the till, and employees willing to embezzle from the till). So although I can't say I've run into any businesses that don't take cash, I can believe they are out there.
We are headed to a cashless society.

(I prefer to pay with cash in general.)

In China, you pay for many things by phone. No cards.

Phone. Press a button, paid. Some businesses in China
Only accept phone payment.

I understand the US and China are different, but the point is that cashless transactions are increasing in Europe and Asia and the US and will be 100% in the not so distant future.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or