U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 04:59 AM

69,161 posts, read 69,812,106 times

Advertisements

i prefer traders joes and north shore farms for higher end products .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 AM

17,090 posts, read 9,580,156 times
Whole Foods announced this week that it is cutting prices. I don’t know what to think about Whole Foods any longer. I used to shop there frequently, but since the takeover by Amazon, it seems to be struggling with figuring out what kind of grocery store it wants to be. Whole Foods is definitely having an identity crisis.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-10-2019 at 09:11 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 08:22 AM

4,219 posts, read 2,411,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Whole Foods announced this week that it is cutting prices. I donít know what to think about Whole Foods any longer. I used to shop there frequently, but since the takeover by Amazon, it seems to be struggling with figuring g out what kind of grocery store it wants to be. Whole Foods is definitely having an identity crisis.
Amazon found out food stores are a whole different animal.

They cut prices to gain customers, as it wasnt as good as hoped.

I dont have a whole foods here, always heard ridiculous prices, and i dont fibd " organic" orange or green beans to be any great thing over others, and tests have borne that out, according to articles i have read.

So no big deal to me.

As long as i am physically able, i will GO do my grocery shopping, need not have substandard food delivered to my door, because someone picked the worst bunch of bananas just to get rid of them. I prefer to pick my own.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:14 AM

17,090 posts, read 9,580,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Amazon found out food stores are a whole different animal.

They cut prices to gain customers, as it wasnt as good as hoped.

I dont have a whole foods here, always heard ridiculous prices, and i dont fibd " organic" orange or green beans to be any great thing over others, and tests have borne that out, according to articles i have read.

So no big deal to me.

As long as i am physically able, i will GO do my grocery shopping, need not have substandard food delivered to my door, because someone picked the worst bunch of bananas just to get rid of them. I prefer to pick my own.

Good for you?

Iím not sure why you quoted me above. We werenít in a conversation, and your shopping preferences are, frankly, not my concern.

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

4,472 posts, read 2,448,260 times
We use a combination of:

Harmons
Trader Joes
Whole Foods
Sprouts
Natural Grocers
Smiths (subsidiary of Krogers)

All are within 10 min of our house and have different benefits in terms of product selection and/or pricing. Primarily we shop at Sprouts and Smiths for day to day items.

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

3,652 posts, read 890,010 times
I shop at WF's but I no longer let them scan my Amazon Prime App. I am no longer selling my privacy to Jeff Bezo for 50 cents.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

6,768 posts, read 1,975,796 times
somebody's got to pay for Bezos divorce settlement, why not you?

Old Today, 12:26 AM

4,219 posts, read 2,411,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Good for you?

I’m not sure why you quoted me above. We weren’t in a conversation, and your shopping preferences are, frankly, not my concern.
I was agreeing to you stating whole foods is cutting prices.

Thats all.

Nor are your shopping preferences my concern.

Dont get yourshorts in a knot when someone is agreeing with you and then goes on to make other statements. Thats the way the forum works.

Sheesh.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics