U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 04:11 PM

68,610 posts, read 69,349,643 times

Advertisements

if being off 6 cents drives you nuts , you may want to review your financial plan .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 04:31 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,301,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
if being off 6 cents drives you nuts , you may want to review your financial plan .

You may want to read the posts.

Instead of cherry-picking.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Erm no..it's not "anal".

You're misusing the term as many do. Yes it's commonly misused; doesn't make it correct.

If you're so perfectionistic that the discrepancy cited in your OP bothers you, I'd surmise you'd be uncomfortable misusing terminology.

Yeah, everyone is misusing it.

It's quite commonplace.

And it's anal, like it or not.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You misread. You are the only one having such issues.

Oh, I get it. You've never had a problem with IRS, and by gawd, no one dare criticize the agency.

Betcha got a Lois Lerner poster in ya man cave, eh?

Old 03-05-2019, 04:35 AM

68,610 posts, read 69,349,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
You may want to read the posts.

Instead of cherry-picking.
i read it and i still say if you are hell bent on letting the irs drive you nuts for 6 cents , it is a silly waste of time and energy

Old 03-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i read it and i still say if you are hell bent on letting the irs drive you nuts for 6 cents , it is a silly waste of time and energy

Lemme put it this way: If the amt. had been in my favor and considerably higher than 6 cents in my favor, I'd still beef about their, for want of a better term, "double-standard," namely, the taxpayer has to round-off when filing online while the IRS does not. I prefer the IRS way; hence, I always did paper filing before this year.

But hey, it ain't driving me nuts. Life tragedies like a wife who went thru 3.5 years of hell with non-Alzheimer's dementia and a best buddy for 66 years, a non-smoker, who died from pulmonary carcinoma two days before this past Xmas came closer to driving me nuts.

So don't let my petty annoyances and gripes drive YOU nuts.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Lemme put it this way: If the amt. had been in my favor and considerably higher than 6 cents in my favor, I'd still beef about their, for want of a better term, "double-standard," namely, the taxpayer has to round-off when filing online while the IRS does not. I prefer the IRS way; hence, I always did paper filing before this year.

But hey, it ain't driving me nuts. Life tragedies like a wife who went thru 3.5 years of hell with non-Alzheimer's dementia and a best buddy for 66 years, a non-smoker, who died from pulmonary carcinoma two days before this past Xmas came closer to driving me nuts.

Should've pointed-out that the State also requires rounding for online filing but they are, at least consistent, by rounding when they check your figures.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:50 PM

5,551 posts, read 2,663,710 times
Quote:
You keep implying your comments are having some big impact on the emotional state of others, but I suspect you are greatly exaggerating how much anyone really gives a ****. It's a thread on a message board so people have opinions and give them, it doesn't mean any response you don't like is an indicator of others getting upset or stressed out over your bizarre behavior.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You keep implying your comments are having some big impact on the emotional state of others, but I suspect you are greatly exaggerating how much anyone really gives a ****. It's a thread on a message board so people have opinions and give them, it doesn't mean any response you don't like is an indicator of others getting upset or stressed out over your bizarre behavior.

Just don't want you folks to elevate your BP on my account.

If that happened, I'd feel so guilty as to be unable to sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old 03-07-2019, 11:43 AM

1,361 posts, read 429,720 times
Quote:
Just don't want you folks to elevate your BP on my account.

If that happened, I'd feel so guilty as to be unable to sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Why did you bring up a topic in an online forum if you're too thin skinned to take any criticism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or