U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 09:20 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,301,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Why did you bring up a topic in an online forum if you're too thin skinned to take any criticism?

I never had pushback like this before, and really believe that the folks doing the pushing really have, or have had, major issues with IRS. They don't like me grousing about a minor annoyance when they've been hit with big problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 04:46 PM

5,551 posts, read 2,663,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I never had pushback like this before, and really believe that the folks doing the pushing really have, or have had, major issues with IRS. They don't like me grousing about a minor annoyance when they've been hit with big problems.
Your theory is faulty as I've never had major problems with IRS yet find both your manufactured IRS microdrama and constant attempts to portray others as riled up over your thread quite silly.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:23 PM

2,394 posts, read 908,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Your theory is faulty as I've never had major problems with IRS yet find both your manufactured IRS microdrama and constant attempts to portray others as riled up over your thread quite silly.
Ha. Indeed.

Due to my perfectionistic nature I've not only never had IRS issues, I have never paid a bill late in my entire 38 years of keeping house. Not once.

OP you are weird af.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

Thou doth protest too mucheth.

But if that works for ya, knock ya'self out.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Ha. Indeed.

Due to my perfectionistic nature I've not only never had IRS issues, I have never paid a bill late in my entire 38 years of keeping house. Not once.

OP you are weird af.

What was it? Undocumented "charity" deductions? Medical expenses for veterinarian charges? Fudging the comp on simplified method formula for taxable retirement income?

Fess up, bubba.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
What was it? Undocumented "charity" deductions? Medical expenses for veterinarian charges? Fudging the comp on simplified method formula for taxable retirement income?

Fess up, bubba.
I am female and not Southern so calling me "bubba" is bizarre. You seem to have a penchant for word misuse.

None of the above. Nor anything else.

I always did simple returns and never itemized. Always just took standard deduction. Even when having a six figure household. Never been audited.

We had nothing to itemize; no medical bills, mortgages, nor loans, no student debt, no home business. Vehicles always bought outright. Only had one mortgage (first house in 1989) of the five houses and one condo I've owned.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 03-09-2019 at 06:53 AM..

Old 03-09-2019, 07:09 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,572,474 times
OP, you might like this story about our IRS audit and cents. We got randomly chosen for the worst audit, the research audit, where they verify every expense for business and home. The agent comes to your small business with his laptop and your returns and goes through line by line and verifies each paper receipt and the account it was paid from and adds them up to make sure the totals are correct. We had six packed file boxes and downloaded computer files for him to go through.

We had one supplier with hundreds of invoices and I was very worried that I added it up incorrectly and told the agent. He said don't worry, if the math is off, we either owe you or you owe us. He was very happy and congratulated me for being only $1.22 off on that account of over $150,000.

So in an audit, they also look at the cents.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:59 AM

27,901 posts, read 60,322,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
So in an audit, they also look at the cents.
That's how Robert Vaughn found what Richard Pryor was doing with all those rounded up 1/2 pennies.
Who's stealing your half pennies?

Old 03-10-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Due to my perfectionistic nature.

In a word: anal.

And if you're such an anal nitpicking perfectionist, you would appreciate the OP.

They require rounding for online filing, yet they play with pennies when verifying the comp.

And on top of that, you are allowed to play with pennies when paper filing.

Oh, the inconsistencies abound with dear old IRS.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
In a word: anal.

And if you're such an anal nitpicking perfectionist, you would appreciate the OP.

They require rounding for online filing, yet they play with pennies when verifying the comp.

And on top of that, you are allowed to play with pennies when paper filing.

Oh, the inconsistencies abound with dear old IRS.
If you're such a perfectionist why doesn't it bother you to misuse words?

Oh the inconsistencies abound with this OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or