U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:40 AM

10,824 posts, read 2,891,955 times

Advertisements

I hadn't thought about this episode in years, but reading this thread prodded my memory :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmW3c997_s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:52 PM

1,125 posts, read 610,912 times
To the OP: I understand. It's not the 6 . It's the fact that organizations / government makes rules and holds us to every one of them, then does whatever they want.

We run into this all the time. We are in a very regulated industry and we have to dot every i and cross every T just right or we run into trouble. Then they do what they darn well please, different rules for them, regardless of what trouble that causes us... and nothing we can do about it.

If they want to be that strict with us, they should be that strict with themselves.

I guess it's a certain personality that this stuff bothers. Me and the OP, I guess!

Old Today, 10:18 PM

1,379 posts, read 434,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I never had pushback like this before, and really believe that the folks doing the pushing really have, or have had, major issues with IRS. They don't like me grousing about a minor annoyance when they've been hit with big problems.
If this trivial of a thing is something that annoys you this much, I strongly doubt you haven't had pushback on things like this before.

I have a feeling you know you brought up something pretty silly, and are just trying to defend yourself at this point by trying to make it sound like everyone else has a problem. You seem to be trying very hard at this point to get a rise out of people responding to this thread, which is odd, to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or