U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:38 PM

13,260 posts, read 6,978,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On the flip side, culturally, American Black people have a tendency to kick their kids out the house to soon, but they typical don't have the same wealth and safety nets to land on as their white counterparts. From my observations it seems that white kids get 'assistance' from their parents well into adulthood even if they are on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Great post, especially the bold.

I'd wager that the lack of assistance is typically more related to economic status than race. If you're a 5%er, you're far more likely to help adult children get launched. If you're struggling picking between groceries, the utility bill, and getting the car towed, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 02:35 PM

378 posts, read 289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
[/b]

I'd wager that the lack of assistance is typically more related to economic status than race. If you're a 5%er, you're far more likely to help adult children get launched. If you're struggling picking between groceries, the utility bill, and getting the car towed, not so much.
GeoffD, I always appreciate your perspective on topics in the economic forum. I agree that a large part of it, is due to the economic ladder rung you fall under than specifically race all together. It just so happens that black people in this country have a poverty rate 2x that of white people, and a median household income, that's almost $30k less than whites. Add in the fact that, blacks in this country have only had maybe one, going on two generations of access to a more even playing field in the economic world, it leaves you with a substantial financial education and generational wealth gap between their white counterparts even at the same wage level. Due to this, you have a larger percentage of the the black population that fall under your stated parameters.

As more blacks get a better education and opportunities at generational wealth building, then some of the poor/working class habits that stunt generational wealth building, will effect a smaller portion of the black community. It's already happening now, but the shift will take awhile to put a huge dent in the overall economic situation of the black community. Honestly I would say, the habit of kicking kids out early, is already dying down with blacks. It's just more prevalent in the black community than the white community. Also, many black parents, do often help their adult children, but overall due to lack of wealth, not to the same level as white parents are often able to do. With that said, I know cases of both black in white parents that are not financial fortunate, that have helped their adult children to their own economic detriment. That goes back to your point of economic status rather than race.

Old Today, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 498 times
The problem came down to this:

There are real dudes out there. REAL dudes. Like dudes who are genetically inclined to be dominant and leaders. They end up at the top or the very bottom.

In organizations where they rise to the top, you get people like Trump, Putin, Bolsanero and other guys that say whatever the hell they wanna say like real Gs.

Love or hate Trump, he's a real G. Women like that, but females like Hillary who are crazy as hell will try to kill a strong man like Trump.

Look at the weak ass dudes in politics. Bernie Sanders????

Lol. He is not a man. He's never been a man.

Let me tell you about Bernie Sanders. If he wins, I make my own country and when I meet with Sanders, I'm gonna tell him to give me the keys to the US and that I'm gonna be President now.

He would just hand me the keys like the weak dude he is.

Now a female in charge. God help us. They are crazy. The worst are dominant females because unlike a dominant male who is dominant but also understands feelings and emotions, a dominant female will kill you until you are completely dead and then kill your family and your family's family.

Women are ruthless killers who hate real dudes, and promote weak ass dudes, but still choose to have sex with real dudes.

Go figure.

Anyway....most of the real dudes in the future will be behind bars. Guess the women and the women men won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics