U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

25,574 posts, read 27,930,849 times

Advertisements

This is but one of many symptoms of cultural collapse. It's been engineered this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
There is a cultural war being waged against men (especially straight white men) in our society. If you are a young straight white male you will find it exceedingly difficult to get gainfully employed in the foreseeable future. Lots of quotas and agendas out there that will pass you over. Keep in mind a lot of the crazed SJW authoritarian types are in charge of hiring and hiring decisions. Most of these individual despise masculine straight males.
I'm a gay male and I see similar trends. Not good.

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Jotucker is that you?

Iím thinking this may be a bit over an overreaction on your part on the efforts of business trying to improve diversity
No, other gay white men like Dave Rubin are seeing similar trends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70&t=17s

Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Yeah but "diversity" makes the SJWs feel all warm and fuzzy (one of the only things that makes them feel this way).

Heterosexual males should have nipped this trend in the bud early on. Now that the trend is palpable they are starting to fight back. The PC warriors want to subvert masculine males. I have worked around these types for years and they really do honestly hate masculine men.
Feminist women like Camille Paglia are saying similar things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXudI2iojs

Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
21,890 posts, read 39,075,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
You all are skirting the issue here.... Let me hit the nail on the head.

Millennials and primarily Millennial boys are the softest generation of nothings in the history of all document generations. They grew up with participation trophies and blue ribbons for every achievement. Their parents coddled them and worried about everything to make them ďhappyĒ. They never had any chores, jobs, bills, or responsibilities. Spending all day smoking weed, playing xbox, jerking off, and living in their parents basements.

We have an entire generation of ď 0ísĒ that provide no benefit to society and consume from our economy like the bottom feeder fish swimming along side the sharks.

Now they are adults and feel entitled to a certain lifestyle while having to give little in return. They cannot process their feelings or emotions so turn to weapons and violence as reaction to the poor hand the have been dealt.

They have not skills
They have no work ethic
They are in their 30ís but the mental maturity of a teen
Maybe the book "The Coddling of the American Mind" should be expanded to male career prep.

Things are very different in last 6+ yrs (I have been on hiring teams for Mech Engineers (Worldwide). The handphone (personal device) has occupied what once was time in the garage tinkering +/-.

Fishing / camping / hunting / and serious discipline while sequestered at Dairy Farm Boarding School (milking at 4AM and 4PM; 7days / week).
I can't really envision how a current young man might respond the the abuse we took as apprentices (5 yrs of hxll)

Seems the experience of growing up as a young man is a bit different these days.

When I hire young men... I don't find 'responsibility and discipline' as a primary contribution to my company.

'Entitlement' is a pretty big theme.

Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

2,110 posts, read 855,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I am a young man in my prime working years and I am living at home.I graduated from a small state university 3 years ago and I have not been able to find a real job jet.I dont know if I ever will be fully employed.Part of the reason why I live at home is the insane rent where I live.I wish my job situation was better but it is what it is.This thread describes my life situation.
Not trying to come off as snarky, but why canít you work 2 jobs if thatís what it takes to get your own place? I did that for almost 8 years before my primary job pay increased enough to allow me to quit the part time job.
To hear you say you donít know if you will ever be fully employed sounds to me like you chose an education path not suited to you finding gainful employment in your area. Maybe itís time to start rethinking what you want to do in life, with a full time job being the focal point.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

972 posts, read 649,596 times
Many black boys are raised by single mothers, grandmothers, sisters or aunts. They have no male role-model in their lives, most never met their father who had/has many more children by different women.

These boys don't know how to act like a man, they have female tendencies in terms of emotions, overreacting to small conflicts, "whiny", don't know how to take responsibility for their actions, don't know how to rise up to the occasion, no one teaches them how to fix things around the house etc... I don't blame the child, I blame the parents or lack thereof.

Of course, there are rare exceptions.

I know, I'm about to get blasted, flame suit is ready....

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

18,416 posts, read 13,164,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
No, other gay white men like Dave Rubin are seeing similar trends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70&t=17s
Well Iíve probably interviewed thousands of people in my career and never once have I asked someone what their sexual orientation was. So for one to say ď If you are a young straight white male you will find it exceedingly difficult to get gainfully employed in the foreseeable future.Ē

I believe that to be an exaggeration.

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

4,593 posts, read 2,115,716 times
Ugh. Can I just say it for once without having to quote & link to the USSM 200? I'm in one of my "I don't GAF" moods:

Once upon a time (er ... post-WWII), in both lands far away & right here in Washington DC; there were a handful of very rich, very white & very old men ... who desired Globalization (you know; "We are the world ... we are the children ... la, la, la ...). Yay, equality & all that.

Basically; they desired equal access to a continent with an enormous amount of natural resources (AKA: Africa).

Despite that American taxpayers were unknowingly funding coercion disguised as benevolence (AKA: USAID), the very rich, very white & very old men knew that achieving global equality by bringing the LDCs up to our level would be unrealistic. Equality could be more efficiently achieved if we lowered ourselves, to meet the LDCs on their way up.

Okay? Did everybody just think all the legislation & "Equal Rights" (hello, equality?) stuff happened with lightning (comparatively) speed because we were suddenly so progressive? Unfortunately, American propaganda design is the envy of other governments worldwide, because it's so covert. It's genius.

Y'all wanted (false) equality? You got it. If "35%" is an accurate statistic; it's time to pull our money out of third-world countries, sacrifice that double-income household, get those grown men out of Mom's basement & into the workforce, turn them into taxpayers & start having some babies.

Or welcome your 1.7 kids into the United States of Mexico. Or Islam, or whatever population it is that steps up to the plate with their uncompromised military full of strong & restless youth & live happily ever after (not). Those very rich, very white & very old men just didn't do it soon enough; they're all dead & gone. They can't help us now.

Bah humbug, go ahead & hate me.

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

373 posts, read 284,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
Many black boys are raised by single mothers, grandmothers, sisters or aunts. They have no male role-model in their lives, most never met their father who had/has many more children by different women.

These boys don't know how to act like a man, they have female tendencies in terms of emotions, overreacting to small conflicts, "whiny", don't know how to take responsibility for their actions, don't know how to rise up to the occasion, no one teaches them how to fix things around the house etc... I don't blame the child, I blame the parents or lack thereof.

Of course, there are rare exceptions.

I know, I'm about to get blasted, flame suit is ready....
I'm a black male in my early 30's. I actually don't disagree with much of what you said as I've made a similar observations on the effects of many young black males not having a male role model around and being raised only by their mother for the most part. I believe it's a contributing factor to the high murder rate among black males in the 18-34yr range as small conflicts turn into a test of manhood and often ends in violence/death. It also leads to the delay of many young black men not understanding/respecting the hierarchy of authority at their jobs and the consequences often lead to job loss. No need to wear a flame suite since you didn't state this in an inflammatory way.

On the flip side, culturally, American Black people have a tendency to kick their kids out the house to soon, but they typical don't have the same wealth and safety nets to land on as their white counterparts. From my observations it seems that white kids get 'assistance' from their parents well into adulthood even if they are on their own. All of this is a whole different topic as far as the OP in concerned and could be its own thread in another forum of the site.

Anyway, this article is about all males, and at 7.5% max of the male population, even if every black male in the U.S. was living at home, they wouldn't make up the majority of the 35% of the male population still at home.

Also, with the rising cost of living, is it really bad for men to stay at home longer, if they are using it to springboard their life, such as buying a home, saving for rainy days, retirement and/or kids. Women don't get the same stigma for staying at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics