U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:04 AM

3,860 posts, read 2,713,777 times

Advertisements

What a nonsense story. Who lets a dog bite 5 people and allows employees to drag people outside by the throat and threaten to smash their heads? No one.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 AM

3,673 posts, read 3,079,248 times
Perhaps you could pay for obedience school for the dog and offer the employee a raise if he'll be nicer to customers. At the very least I'd demand he wear a suit and tie so his crimes could be considered white collar.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:07 AM

1,923 posts, read 457,452 times
Terminate.

Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, just Terminate him. Immediately. Do not look back.

"Be fired with enthusiasm, or you'll be fired with enthusiasm."

Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 AM

2,180 posts, read 2,640,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yeah. OP invested a lot of time publishing his first fictional short story for our entertainment.

Anybody believe that the customer didn't file charges? Anybody believe that the owner would have kept this employee? FIVE people were bitten by the dog and NOBODY reported it?

Anybody who believes this claptrap, I gotta bridge to sell you.
Do you have a link to the post you are referring to? I see that the OP only has 2 posts - this one and the only other one I see is something about paying $15.00 for a Burger King type meal in Honolulu. I can't find any other posts by him.

FWIW - I also find it very hard to believe any of what he is telling us.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Youíve posted this in the work and employment forum before.

The stealing of cash from the drawer requires termination with no second thoughts. Their tenure with the company is irrelevent. In fact, fraud is more often perpetuated by the people with longer tenure, more trust, more access, ect.

A family friend should be more responsible. More accountable. Like they say on the show intervention, you wouldnít tolerate that behavior from an ENEMY. Donít let emotions allow you to tolerate it just because someone is family or like family. Their standard of behavior should be even higher, not less.
Do you have a link to this post? I can't find it. He only has 2 posts and none of them are in the work and employment forum. The only other one besides this one, is a post where he says that he spent $15.00 at a Burger King in Honolulu, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 AM

2,670 posts, read 1,710,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Do you have a link to this post? I can't find it. He only has 2 posts and none of them are in the work and employment forum. The only other one besides this one, is a post where he says that he spent $15.00 at a Burger King in Honolulu, as I mentioned in my previous post.
Iím probably 95 percent sure I read this story or something nearly similar to it in the work and employment forums just a few weeks ago. I donít exactly feel like scowering for it, but maybe Iím wrong and if so Iíd owe the op an apology. But either way, I still tried to provide him or her my thoughts on what to do.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Iím probably 95 percent sure I read this story or something nearly similar to it in the work and employment forums just a few weeks ago. I donít exactly feel like scowering for it, but maybe Iím wrong and if so Iíd owe the op an apology. But either way, I still tried to provide him or her my thoughts on what to do.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe you read something very similar, but it was from another person and not the OP. As I said, he only has 2 posts.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:43 AM

77,971 posts, read 69,907,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Holy crap you are going to get sued! He should have been gone a long time ago. This could get problematic. Time to CYA.
This. I wouldn't call him "comfortable". It sounds more like early dementia, to me.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 AM

77,971 posts, read 69,907,126 times
Quote:
You’ve posted this in the work and employment forum before.

The stealing of cash from the drawer requires termination with no second thoughts. Their tenure with the company is irrelevent. In fact, fraud is more often perpetuated by the people with longer tenure, more trust, more access, ect.

A family friend should be more responsible. More accountable. Like they say on the show intervention, you wouldn’t tolerate that behavior from an ENEMY. Don’t let emotions allow you to tolerate it just because someone is family or like family. Their standard of behavior should be even higher, not less.
IMO the bolded is part of the problem. The business owners allowed themselves to consider the employee a friend. In my observation and experience, mixing business with friendship doesn't work.

OP, you could tell him you're doing him a favor by terminating him, because you have his thefts on film, which you could turn over to the police, but if he goes peaceably and leaves you alone in the future, you won't file charges.

End of story. Don't argue the point with your wife, just do it. He is not your friend, in case you haven't quite figured that out yet, or your wife hasn't.

P.S. How is it, that for years you never noticed there was cash missing at the end of some days, and that the books didn't square at the end of each month? If it's only you, your wife, and him, who have access to the register, it's obvious where the money is going.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:17 AM

15,691 posts, read 26,663,721 times
I have known of several cases where people were embezzling money from companies that they worked at. Everyone of those cases the people that embezzled were long term employees that everyone thought highly of. Everyone of them would show up on time. seldom ever take time off. They appeared to be the perfect employee.

In every case it appears that these people are on top of their game to hide the fact that they are ripping off the company. That is until someone wants to know why the company is not as profitable anymore.

This "friend" is no friend. If this is a real situation, you fire the employee and bring up charges against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or