Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:46 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,695,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i don't pick up anything worth less then my co-pay would be , if i get hurt picking it up
I’m still very flexible. It’s from years of practicing yoga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 07:10 AM

106,114 posts, read 108,094,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I’m still very flexible. It’s from years of practicing yoga.
if i could get in to all those yoga positions i would never leave the house ha ha ha

Old 06-22-2019, 07:12 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
this is so true ... it took me 50 years of life to hit a million but only 10 years to multiply it many times .. we could never do that working for just wages. not only do the deals get bigger but the deals and talent you get privy to can be become better.

as i say , a penny saved may be a penny earned but it will always stay a penny , without good solid compounding of it
To get rich you need seed money or the ability to borrow at low interest rates, then need to invest wisely.

The problem that keeps people down is the more yearly income you make it can kick you into a higher tax bracket (all that OT only for it the gov't to take a higher %). Instead, do as the rich do... tax planning to reduce taxable income keeping more of your money.

When a politician tells you that they are going to make "the rich pay their fair share", they know the people don't know any better. The rich know that you can't get rich by giving your money away so they plan and make moves to reduce taxable income while the other classes work away, some working more to make more only to find that the upper portion of the money they earned is now taxed higher.

The rich are better at tax planning than the middle or poor classes and that's why when they say tax the rich the result is usually hurts the middle class.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:36 AM

106,114 posts, read 108,094,712 times
it took many years but i developed that seed money ..it did not drop from the sky ....there were years i had 3 gigs going on so i could boost savings when bills got tight .

Old 06-22-2019, 07:52 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
it took many years but i developed that seed money ..it did not drop from the sky ....there were years i had 3 gigs going on so i could boost savings when bills got tight .
Yep, I did the same thing. I started and run a business, many years of keeping my living expenses down while others were living it up, worked constantly and made good money. Unfortunately people think high income = rich ... wrong! I didn't have the time to build my wealth yet so I was stuck paying out the wazoo in taxes pushing me back (in a catch 22). I finally broke through and now have more control over my taxable income, legally paying less taxes so I continue to build my wealth instead of giving so much of my income away.

Taxing the rich always nails the people trying to grow wealth because they need income while the truly wealthy are already rich and are able to plan to keep their taxes down.

Last edited by petch751; 06-22-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 06-22-2019, 08:42 AM

5,902 posts, read 4,401,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
To get rich you need seed money or the ability to borrow at low interest rates, then need to invest wisely.

The problem that keeps people down is the more yearly income you make it can kick you into a higher tax bracket (all that OT only for it the gov't to take a higher %). Instead, do as the rich do... tax planning to reduce taxable income keeping more of your money.

When a politician tells you that they are going to make "the rich pay their fair share", they know the people don't know any better. The rich know that you can't get rich by giving your money away so they plan and make moves to reduce taxable income while the other classes work away, some working more to make more only to find that the upper portion of the money they earned is now taxed higher.

The rich are better at tax planning than the middle or poor classes and that's why when they say tax the rich the result is usually hurts the middle class.
The poor don’t need to “tax plan” because their federal ETR is zero.

And what’s a fair share? Because the lowest half don’t pay any share.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:49 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,214,458 times
The belief that there is a limited amount of wealth in the world and you can only get it by taking it from someone else is called mercantilism
An old world and third world concept refuted and proved to be untrue by Adam smith
Like the good posts on this thread I come from extreme poverty -came here -worked hard saved -purchased small properties- kept them -and am now affluent
The income inequality movement is nothing more than envy and a denial of cause and effect as to ones own life decisions

Old 06-22-2019, 08:57 AM

748 posts, read 817,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The belief that there is a limited amount of wealth in the world and you can only get it by taking it from someone else is called mercantilism
An old world and third world concept refuted and proved to be untrue by Adam smith
Agree, it's a false premise especially in the age of digital assets and paper money. For instance, say I spend months restoring a junk car I bought for $1000 and selling it to a collector for $20,000 when it's all fixed up. Did I "steal" $19,000 from someone else's pie?

Of course not, I created value and "new pie". The collector is happy, they have a sweet restored car. I'm happy, I made a profit. And if the collector wants, they can resell easily to another collector. Lasting new wealth was created at the expense of no-one.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:13 AM

9,347 posts, read 13,989,993 times
Quote:
But if you start from nothing and eventually become one of the top 10% you probably had at least one lucky event that put you on the move. Wouldn't you agree? Just one lucky, and maybe hoped for but unexpectedly lucky break.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:22 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,978,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
But if you start from nothing and eventually become one of the top 10% you probably had at least one lucky event that put you on the move. Wouldn't you agree? Just one lucky, and maybe hoped for but unexpectedly lucky break.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hard work creates opportunities and getting to know people. Just showing up daily is the other half of the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics