Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 06:10 AM

8,047 posts, read 12,758,913 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for podcasts focused on economics particularly macro economics as it relates to investing/trading.

I am not interested in any political bias in the conversation (I don't want to listen to a lefty or hard core right wing commentator).

It would be nice if the podcasts were frequent (at least once a week or more).

I am primarily interested in topics such as currency markets, interest rates, oil, gold and the general equity markets (don't want to hear stock tips)

There are so many economic podcasts it would take months for me to find the right one(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 06:55 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,544,645 times
I’d like to know of a few, also. Currently, I listen to Bloomberg radio m-f, specifically Bloomberg Surveillance with Tom Keene and Jon Ferro. You can get their show in a podcast, too.

Old 12-24-2019, 06:57 AM

5,870 posts, read 6,938,908 times
Not strictly focused on economics, but Clark Howard touches on many of the topics mentioned. The podcast is an edited version of his daily radio show - available at clark.com.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:55 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I’d like to know of a few, also. Currently, I listen to Bloomberg radio m-f, specifically Bloomberg Surveillance with Tom Keene and Jon Ferro. You can get their show in a podcast, too.
I find Tom Keene annoying. Constantly interrupting guests and derailing interesting discussions.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,544,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I find Tom Keene annoying. Constantly interrupting guests and derailing interesting discussions.
He is a character, but I suspect the programmers like that about him. Keene’s gig is his constant referencing of academic material and theory. Ferro is incredibly sharp, imo. Together they make for good listening. As I listen to them while driving to work each morning what ticks me off is the incredible amount of ads. I drive about 35-40 minutes and I would say half of that is ads. I may try to record their pods instead. Probably the best feature of their show is their guests, who are among the most influential agents in their fields, or from academia. I’ve learned a lot from this show.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:19 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
He is a character, but I suspect the programmers like that about him. Keene’s gig is his constant referencing of academic material and theory. Ferro is incredibly sharp, imo. Together they make for good listening. As I listen to them while driving to work each morning what ticks me off is the incredible amount of ads. I drive about 35-40 minutes and I would say half of that is ads. I may try to record their pods instead. Probably the best feature of their show is their guests, who are among the most influential agents in their fields, or from academia. I’ve learned a lot from this show.
Agreed, Ferro is sharp. McKee was pretty good too when he was co-host. He's still on from time to time as an analyst.

Old 01-21-2020, 09:38 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,983,513 times
Patrick Bet-David.

I'm a little biased because he's sort of a personal friend (we met years ago on collectors forum for valuable baseball cards). He has more of an entrepreneurial spin on his videos rather than examining pure market theory, but as a former business owner with a massively successful exit under my belt, I would recommend Patrick's content wholeheartedly.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:48 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,546,884 times
Wharton Business Daily

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1147257638

This is a great taste of the type of content on there: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...EegQIARAE&ep=6

Last edited by SkyDog77; 01-24-2020 at 08:02 AM..

Old 01-25-2020, 05:39 PM

947 posts, read 787,043 times
bloomberg odd lots - check out the oct 11 and oct 18 podcasts - there's one other related to that topic as well, but I cannot remember which one it was (the moderators mention all three of them)

https://www.bloomberg.com/podcasts/odd_lots

Old 01-25-2020, 05:46 PM

947 posts, read 787,043 times
I also recommend listening to this series from DoubleLine, recorded earlier this month:

https://youtu.be/VR0mAzZwpwA

https://youtu.be/z9TWGlJPdew

https://youtu.be/dtnDQThLvsU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics