U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

26,291 posts, read 33,282,919 times

Advertisements

LOL!!!! “No fundamental reason that humans should be consuming cows milk”???! This forum can be so entertaining sometimes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

2,179 posts, read 639,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!!!! ďNo fundamental reason that humans should be consuming cows milkĒ???! This forum can be so entertaining sometimes!!!
Try actually thinking about it instead of just relying on what you've been programmed and raised to do.

Do you see any other mammal feeding their young with the milk that comes from another species mammary glands

Milk is intended for young calves. It is not meant for regular human consumption.

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM

17,486 posts, read 19,743,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Milk is intended for young calves. It is not meant for regular human consumption.
Given that humans have been consuming cow's milk for the last 10,000 years or so, I think we should be okay doing this.

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

2,797 posts, read 1,804,826 times
I don’t know the science one way or the other, but it seems pretty meaningless to me that other species don’t do it, so it must be wrong.

Humans do a lot of things other species never had capability of thought to do...like growing crops, cooking meat...or mixing up a salad.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

53 posts, read 8,104 times
Quote:
I have taken several Chemistry, Biology and Nutrition courses in University.

You passed, right?

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,172 posts, read 55,041,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
I donít know the science one way or the other, but it seems pretty meaningless to me that other species donít do it, so it must be wrong.

Humans do a lot of things other species never had capability of thought to do...like growing crops, cooking meat...or mixing up a salad.
Milk has many other uses besides just drinking and is not just for babies. I find it hard to imagine thousands of women pumping to provide milk for the supermarkets. Adults need vitamin D too, and it used for baking, ice cream, cheese and more. I guess it's a job opportunity that requires no degree or experience.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

6,146 posts, read 2,984,100 times
Quote:
It is very clear you trust the the establishment as well as Monsanto and other CPG conglomerates to have your health and best interests at heart. Which is fine.
You're trusting someone else though right? I mean, unless you're somewhere in a lab doing peer reviewed studies with your cohort of scientists you're just someone trusting the conclusions of whoever you read, then in turn scolding others for trusting other views. A wee bit hypocritical eh?

Quote:
Please research the science and educate yourself. rGBH is NOT fit for human consumption. And there is no fundamental reason humans should be consuming cow's milk to begin with.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...h-hormone.html
Okay the, the summary from your link:

"The evidence for potential harm to humans is inconclusive. It is not clear that drinking milk produced using rBGH significantly increases IGF-1 levels in humans or adds to the risk of developing cancer. More research is needed to help better address these concerns."

So you're spending too much money drinking organic milk made from pistachio extract harvested during a lunar eclipse by a virgin lass wearing a smock made of hummingbird feathers, complaining about how this is inflation since you need it to survive instead of regular cow milk like grandpa used to drink from the tin bucket, then pointing to a link that says "inconclusive" as your reasoning?

Quote:
I have taken several Chemistry, Biology and Nutrition courses in University. I do not pull this information out of my a**, do the research yourself and recognize that the when you tamper with mother nature you get unintended consequences. Namely cancer.
I'm not sure what's funnier, you bringing up your college transcripts or you believing they validate you as a scientific researcher. There are flat earthers and bigfoot chasers telling others to do their research and touting their amateur or scholastic scientific achievments, do you think you're distinguishing yourself from that pack by telling us you took college classes?

Tamper with mother nature? Humans have been genetically altering crops and animals by selecting desirable traits for over a thousand years, and it's led to an unprecedented growth in a healthy population of humans. That's what you get when you mess with mother nature.

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

26,291 posts, read 33,282,919 times
Quote:
Try actually thinking about it instead of just relying on what you've been programmed and raised to do.

Do you see any other mammal feeding their young with the milk that comes from another species mammary glands

Given your logic, humans should not be consuming eggs, either. What other species do is completely irrelevant. Some other species eat their young, but we don’t replicate that behavior. Humans are very different from other animals.

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Adults need vitamin D too, and it used for baking, ice cream, cheese and more.
Vitamin D can be obtained from eating fish, but the problem is we've gone beyond the allotted resources the planet has to offer in terms of healthy sources of this.

Sad to break the news to you but: Baked goods, Ice Cream and Cheese are not essential products for the human diet in order to obtain nutrition.

Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You're trusting someone else though right? I mean, unless you're somewhere in a lab doing peer reviewed studies with your cohort of scientists you're just someone trusting the conclusions of whoever you read, then in turn scolding others for trusting other views. A wee bit hypocritical eh?

Okay the, the summary from your link:

"The evidence for potential harm to humans is inconclusive. It is not clear that drinking milk produced using rBGH significantly increases IGF-1 levels in humans or adds to the risk of developing cancer. More research is needed to help better address these concerns."

So you're spending too much money drinking organic milk made from pistachio extract harvested during a lunar eclipse by a virgin lass wearing a smock made of hummingbird feathers, complaining about how this is inflation since you need it to survive instead of regular cow milk like grandpa used to drink from the tin bucket, then pointing to a link that says "inconclusive" as your reasoning?

I'm not sure what's funnier, you bringing up your college transcripts or you believing they validate you as a scientific researcher. There are flat earthers and bigfoot chasers telling others to do their research and touting their amateur or scholastic scientific achievments, do you think you're distinguishing yourself from that pack by telling us you took college classes?

Tamper with mother nature? Humans have been genetically altering crops and animals by selecting desirable traits for over a thousand years, and it's led to an unprecedented growth in a healthy population of humans. That's what you get when you mess with mother nature.
You neglected to read my sentence below the link. Also I advocate for soymilk not organic whole milk from any other source.

As far as trusting someone else, I trust studies from the NIH over ads from the National Dairy farmers foundation

My point in mentioning University coursework is the vast majority of people who have opinions on diets have never actually studied it in an academic setting. They base it on what their parents or grandparents did. Or what friends and family do.

Humans have been genetically engineering crops - There is a difference however between breeding the desired traits OVER TIME vs. instantly in a lab in sterile non-real world conditions. GMO crops have virtually no resistance to pests because of this which is why such heavy pesticide usage is required, which leads to round up and other foul chemicals being used which ends up in the bodies of you and your children.

Only certain groups with a long pastoral history have lactose tolerance after childhood. We come from 100,000 years of hunter gatherer diets. Given that cardiovascular disease is positively correlated more in cultures that consume more dairy I'm hesitant to believe that consuming milk from cows in particular is the best way to maintain human health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics