U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 10:24 AM

289 posts, read 303,559 times

Advertisements

I just got a call from ' The Central Department of Social Security ' - caller i.d. said COLORADO

telling me any future benefits will be garnished because of legal issues stemming from past i.d. thefs

Soooooo , I told them I'm at work and to call me be in 10 mins after my break on my job phone @
212) 000 - 8300< fake number

BUT in reality I gave them N.Y. STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE

I should have told them I'm waaaay too busy SEWING THESE BUTTONS ON EGGS TO TALK !!!

Or I gotta clean up all this blood first BEFORE THE COPS GET HERE

Anybody get this garbage ???? :mad :
AND WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT ?

Of course I reported them and gave all the info I could .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:33 PM

266 posts, read 317,050 times
My mother in law got this call, and it really frightened her. I finally reassured her it was just a scam.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM

650 posts, read 245,388 times
Been getting calls like these. African Scammers. Way I see it Jewish retailers and Chinese snake oil sellers are no different.

Old Today, 07:07 AM

8,651 posts, read 2,520,031 times
you can leave messages on my phone. I don't answer numbers i don't recognize. When I see unrecognized numbers, and they don't leave a message, they're put on my block list.

Old Today, 09:08 AM

289 posts, read 303,559 times
The internet and these new phones seem to make it EASIER to let more crooks into our lives , really gets on my nerves ,

next scammer I see in my email I'm gonna respond with all kinds of fake checking accounts and phone # of my local P.D.,

then, I'm gonna ask for a physical address so I can send a "special" package.....maybe some dog poo : )

Old Today, 10:44 AM

5,133 posts, read 9,201,611 times
Sounds like fun to do these "revenge" acts, but be careful. You could be charged with a crime or considered an accomplice to their nonsense. Right thing to do is just hang up and don't answer calls from people you don't know.

Old Today, 11:10 AM

4,932 posts, read 2,797,903 times
I don't answer my phone if the number is not in my contacts list. If it is someone legit I need to talk to, they will leave a message.

Old Today, 11:46 AM

2,686 posts, read 2,647,488 times
We have a landline and get 5-8 of these types of calls everyday. All calls go right to the answering machine. If we're home and know the caller, we'll pick up. 90% of the robocallers disconnect when the call goes to the machine, but yesterday someone left their credit card nonsense as a message. We've also gotten home to find a message from IRS threatening us with a lawsuit.

Back when we answered the phone, I liked to play woth the ones who said that they were from Microsoft and need to fix our computer. I let them make their spiel and then ask how is that possible, we don't have any Microsoft products. Another I just laughed when they said were from Microsoft labs and I said no you're not. That stumped him for a few seconds.

Old Today, 11:51 AM

2,599 posts, read 1,497,924 times
Unfortunately these ploys work.

The average person is an idiot and half are dumber. Lots of fish in that lake.

Old Today, 02:07 PM

151 posts, read 33,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Been getting calls like these. African Scammers. Way I see it Jewish retailers and Chinese snake oil sellers are no different.

Got to keep an eye on those Sicilians and Gypsy's also. Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or