U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:33 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,069,116 times

Advertisements

We were quite a ways from home this fall when we got a fraud alert from our CC company. There was a $1.00 charge then the fuel we purchased. The biggie was $300+ for X coins (?), an insurance company (pays ours monthly from debit account) and Netflix (no account). Unfortunately, we had only the one card so relied on cash and debit card. Our bank never told us they issue separate cards for partners.

We were in Western MONTANA and had no signal for several days. When I opened the email, !!!!!. Thankfully, VISA caught it and the charges were no allowed. Darn thieves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

7,655 posts, read 4,434,414 times
^^^And this is why it's a good idea to have two credit cards. If one gets compromised, you can work off of the other one until the first one's replacement arrives.

And another tip: if you have a smartphone, enter your credit cards into Apple Pay, Android Pay, etc. I've found that when one of my cards gets compromised, the new card number shows up in my Apple Pay very quickly, way before I receive the actual card in the mail. So I can use Apple Pay to pay with my new card even before I get the actual card, which can come in handy.

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

16,980 posts, read 17,145,000 times
I get alerts almost instantly from my bank whenever my CC is used. It is a good thing for me and I am sure for the bank also, lots of fraud and shady transactions are caught very early, sometimes stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or