Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 11:36 AM

652 posts, read 511,592 times

Advertisements

I would like to try managing my budget by using these apps. I'm new to this, is there anything I should be concerned about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 03:51 AM

105,737 posts, read 107,717,837 times
i have had accounts linked with no issues ever .

Old 08-31-2020, 08:04 AM

37,431 posts, read 45,630,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
I would like to try managing my budget by using these apps. I'm new to this, is there anything I should be concerned about?
Nope. No issues.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:59 AM

335 posts, read 224,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i have had accounts linked with no issues ever .
Any knowledge of any financial instruction prohibiting sharing log in information with any third party such as Mint?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:04 AM

661 posts, read 626,403 times
Never allow a third party access to your bank accounts.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:15 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,593,707 times
I use Personal Capital for tracking all banking, credit cards, savings, and stock portfolios. I believe it to be one of the best free tracking and managing software available.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:32 AM

6,749 posts, read 5,431,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
Never allow a third party access to your bank accounts.
Exactly. This ^.

We played that game once.

We had our checking account and savings accounts drained to empty by allowing 3rd party access. We list a then $5k efund savings account and a couple hundred in the checking. Never again.

So went back to old fashioned paper statements, and there is NOTHING on my smart phone or computer about our accounts. I don't even have the bank and credit unions phone number as a "contact" on my phone.

Also, if ANYBODY asks you for a "code number to verify you are real".. DONT DO IT. what they've done Is petition your Google account to change the password, for which Google will send you a code number, if you give that to them, they'll change your password, and it gives them FULL ACCESS to your Google phone and computer Account! IF you have banking info on it, they can drain your accounts. I was once a long time ago and new to smart phone asked this and did it, being a bit naive. Fortunately I could tell that idiot the joke was on him, NO FINANCIAL information was there.
I also went to my carrier and changed to a new Google account and closed the old one.

NEVER make your accounts tied to ANY electronic means. I don't care what security program or steps they have taken, if it's electronic, someone can access it.
Even banks and credit unions have been hacked!

Fir every two who day they've had no problems, there is one half who have.

And there's no getting your money back once stolen.

Best to you.

Old 09-07-2020, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine19 View Post
Any knowledge of any financial instruction prohibiting sharing log in information with any third party such as Mint?
i never hit one yet

Old 09-07-2020, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Exactly. This ^.

We played that game once.

We had our checking account and savings accounts drained to empty by allowing 3rd party access. We list a then $5k efund savings account and a couple hundred in the checking. Never again.

So went back to old fashioned paper statements, and there is NOTHING on my smart phone or computer about our accounts. I don't even have the bank and credit unions phone number as a "contact" on my phone.

Also, if ANYBODY asks you for a "code number to verify you are real".. DONT DO IT. what they've done Is petition your Google account to change the password, for which Google will send you a code number, if you give that to them, they'll change your password, and it gives them FULL ACCESS to your Google phone and computer Account! IF you have banking info on it, they can drain your accounts. I was once a long time ago and new to smart phone asked this and did it, being a bit naive. Fortunately I could tell that idiot the joke was on him, NO FINANCIAL information was there.
I also went to my carrier and changed to a new Google account and closed the old one.

NEVER make your accounts tied to ANY electronic means. I don't care what security program or steps they have taken, if it's electronic, someone can access it.
Even banks and credit unions have been hacked!

Fir every two who day they've had no problems, there is one half who have.

And there's no getting your money back once stolen.

Best to you.

meh ... more damage and fraud happens right through the mail or our garbage pails .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics