Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 02:18 PM

808 posts, read 541,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I will make my tribe some beer after they do the hard work
So where you going to get the hops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 02:24 PM

808 posts, read 541,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Governments would LOVE to have an electronic money system

So when we go cashless, how do the criminals handle the money?

There's no way illegal drugs, human trafficking, illegal immigration is going to stop.

So how are the criminals going to work it?

Do you know any researcher talking about this?

Old 05-14-2021, 06:10 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
*Eyeroll* Druckenmiller is a supporter of the prior president. ...

If the dollar is replaced by crypto for a global reserve currency, it will have nothing to do with the alleged upcoming collapse of the US dollar. Hasn't doomsayer been predicting a collaspe for decades?
I agree, the dollar is not going to collapse soon nor will it lose its reserve status anytime soon. I do agree with Druckenmiller that some sort of government-recognized (true fiat) crypto currency is inevitable. Under development are Fedcoin, the e-Euro and the digital Yuan.

Old 05-14-2021, 06:18 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Cryptocurrencies are just another layer over currencies since they use tethers. This will explain it.

tethering

Old 05-14-2021, 08:41 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Cryptocurrencies are just another layer over currencies since they use tethers. This will explain it.

tethering
Fascinating, thank you. Here's an article by the Cornell School of Business that talks about both the Chinese digital currency and FedCoin. Tether is mentioned.

China’s e-currency is the world’s first sovereign digital currency

Old 05-14-2021, 10:32 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Keeping your wealth in paper and digital illusions is dangerous, because it will all evaporate during the next crisis....
So where do you keep your wealth?

Old 05-14-2021, 11:06 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
So where do you keep your wealth?
I personally believe that silver (real silver that you can physically hold) is the best, safest, and most liquid of all financial assets. It is also by far the most undervalued.

Last edited by Taggerung; 05-14-2021 at 11:21 PM..

Old 05-15-2021, 01:59 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
I personally believe that silver (real silver that you can physically hold) is the best, safest, and most liquid of all financial assets. It is also by far the most undervalued.
Yet gold is the choice of central banks around the world .

Silver plunges in down equity markets like every other commodity yet gold gas held positive real returns in 98% of all market melt downs . Even in 2008 silver plunged while gold went up ….

So silver is way to heavy an industrial commodity for my first choice.

I much prefer gold for anything but very high inflation as silver is to wish washy most of the time

Old 05-15-2021, 02:43 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Yet gold is the choice of central banks around the world .

Silver plunges in down equity markets like every other commodity yet gold gas held positive real returns in 98% of all market melt downs . Even in 2008 silver plunged while gold went up ….

So silver is way to heavy an industrial commodity for my first choice.

I much prefer gold for anything but very high inflation as silver is to wish washy most of the time
Silver is extremely neglected at the moment- even compared to gold. But as peak oil and the coming energy cliff destroys the value of all paper assets, we will see silver reclaim it's rightful place as a monetary metal, even more so than gold. The fact that silver is used so heavily in industry only makes it more valuable, not less.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:32 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Silver is extremely neglected at the moment- even compared to gold. But as peak oil and the coming energy cliff destroys the value of all paper assets, we will see silver reclaim it's rightful place as a monetary metal, even more so than gold. The fact that silver is used so heavily in industry only makes it more valuable, not less.
Meh ….. I don’t even agree with your entire premise of destroying paper assets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics