Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 04:26 PM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The prediction is enough to change policy and investor behavior. Billions of dollars of beta.
You may not believe it but I can tell you the heads of these companies believe it. They don't pay these chief economists obscene salaries to ignore their predictions.
They end up not paying most of them very long.

We all know eventually down turns are part of the cycle ..no one knows when

Old 06-07-2021, 04:30 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Isn't this 'news' from the same Deutsche Bank also under investigation for 'questionanable' loans to You-Know-Who (or maybe they do know sumthin' we don't...)?!
Deutsche Bank seeking to offload three Trump loans
Since the late 1990s, Trump has been lent more than $2 billion by the German bank, according to one of the officials who spoke to Reuters.

Reuters reported that a Deutsche Bank management committee that oversees risks for the lender in the Americas has been mulling options on how to end the remaining financial ties to Trump, including by selling the loans on the secondary market.
Let's see if anyone else joins this funeral party. Deutshe Bank alone is not going to do it.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:41 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Deutsche Bank warns of global ‘time bomb’ coming due to rising inflation
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/deut...inflation.html

The FED is a major failure and with ZIRP and devaluation of US Dollar is destroying the entire world.
Quote:
Yellen says case for interest rate hike is stronger.
Fischer says yes to possible September rate hike.
GDP estimate lowered to 1.1%.

Which do I believe? I read on CNBC that "THE BANKS ARE PREPARING FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER". Does NIRP cause Nuclear Winter? Will higher interest rates save us from a Nuclear Winter?

I see a FED (and a coterie of Central Bankers) all painted into a corner, wanting to talk gold down as an alternative currency. A lot of talk. And then more talk. But not much mustard in their collective gut. (Not much stomach anywhere for recession, deflation, default, revolution, civil war, debt control.) Do we NEED higher interest rates? We needed them beginning in 2001. Greenspan raised them, got scare, retired. Bernanke was so dull he didn't even know he should be raising interest rates. Fischer is whispering in Yellen's ear. Yellen is whispering in the president's ear. The president is wringing his hand. Suddenly we are going to DEFEND the dollar, after all these years of killing it. It won't be easy to sell to a world clamoring for an alternative to the dollar (and NOT a GOLD alternative).
Maybe if Trump wins, and then appoints Fischer, then, and may then, we might need our hardhats.
If Fischer moves up, we might finally get the higher rates we have needed for 16 years.

In the mean time I'm LONG CHINA RALLY.
Long Brazil; long Russia.
Long Oil -- so short the US Dollar, and the FED.
Long gold and silver.

Good Luck!!!
5 years and the song remains the same.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:46 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
And here we sit 12 years later at the precipice any day now...
Yes, we are being led to the SLAUGHTERHOUSE because of the lunacy of such "modern" "economic" "theories" and because of that Chipmunk Ben Bernanke who back in 2009 proudly said "We are sailing into uncharted territory now...!"

Old 06-07-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
5 years and the song remains the same.
Yes, the FED is NOT leading us to PROSPERITY. The FED is leading us and the entire world to the SLAUGHTERHOUSE!!!

Old 06-07-2021, 05:00 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Yes, the FED is NOT leading us to PROSPERITY. The FED is leading us and the entire world to the SLAUGHTERHOUSE!!!
I'm not as negative as you. If the indication is that this is the wrong move, policy will change.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Yes, we are being led to the SLAUGHTERHOUSE because of the lunacy of such "modern" "economic" "theories" and because of that Chipmunk Ben Bernanke who back in 2009 proudly said "We are sailing into uncharted territory now...!"
That's still better'n Bernanke's predecessor and longtime champeen of the unregulated Free Market, Alan Greenspan when he testified only the year previous, that "mistakes were made...".
Greenspan - I was wrong about the economy. Sort of ..
A long-time cheerleader for deregulation, Greenspan admitted to a congressional committee yesterday that he had been "partially wrong" in his hands-off approach towards the banking industry and that the credit crunch had left him in a state of shocked disbelief. "I have found a flaw," said Greenspan, referring to his economic philosophy. "I don't know how significant or permanent it is. But I have been very distressed by that fact."

"I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organisations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms," said Greenspan.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I'm not as negative as you. If the indication is that this is the wrong move, policy will change.
The Fed is trapped.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
keep chirping for another 60 or 70 years, maybe you'll be right one day. Not likely, but maybe.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
The Fed is trapped.
5 years ago they were painted into a corner, who trapped them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics