Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times

Advertisements

Has anyone actually researched into who created it, how it was created, and how it came to pass in congress? It gives a whole new meaning to money being the root of all evil. Even as a Christian, I was skeptical to all of this Illuminati NWO conspiracy stuff, but this has shaken me to the core. It's almost like I've seen a ghost or I'm indentifying just how matrix like the world we live in is. The deceptions of Satan have blinded men. It's all just a big lie. I'm working for money that has no real value. The only value of it is based upon borrower's ability to pay their debts to money created out of thin air. I want no part of it at this point. I want to start using gold for transactions. I almost want to close my savings and checking accounts at the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 05:45 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
jmho, Might be getting a little wild there.

Yes, they are not good guys doing good things, but life is just a temporary condition. You are not called to cure it, just give witness to the truth and do your part in your time, and when you can help someone along the way. Might not seem it but that is more than enough.

Jesus had the "where your treasure is, your heart is also." So your treasure is not at the bank. Good for you.

Overall the tests are the same as they ever were. See, if we all the same test questions in the same order, you know we would mark the answer sheet, and try to pass the life tests without the study and work. We would all say "when the serpent offers you the apple -- say no." So the test remains the same, just the questions and serpents change form.

Just keep your eyes on where you are going, and walk through the world by faith and not by sight. Sort of fun trip home when you figure it out.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm working for money that has no real value. The only value of it is based upon borrower's ability to pay their debts to money created out of thin air. I want no part of it at this point. I want to start using gold for transactions.
Okay, good, what country do you want to invade first and steal their gold?

One of the problems with the gold standard is that you cannot expand the money supply. How can the government provide benefits during a recession/depression if it is on the gold standard? It can't. Raising taxes is pointless, since no one is working. The government could simply print more money, but then that automatically results in inflation and makes matters worse.

The only way to expand the economy, um, you know, so you can have a job, is to acquire more gold. The government can only do that if it increases taxes to purchase more gold, or invades another hapless country and steals their gold.

Presently, M1 and M2 total $766,160,000,000,000 and the US would need 867,678,369,195 bars of gold bullion.

Ooops! Forgot about the national debt. Make that 878,289,674,822 bars of gold bullion.

Think if we close our eyes and pray real hard it will fall out of the sky and land in a vault in Fort Knox?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:41 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Has anyone actually researched into who created it, how it was created, and how it came to pass in congress? It gives a whole new meaning to money being the root of all evil. Even as a Christian, I was skeptical to all of this Illuminati NWO conspiracy stuff, but this has shaken me to the core. It's almost like I've seen a ghost or I'm indentifying just how matrix like the world we live in is. The deceptions of Satan have blinded men. It's all just a big lie. I'm working for money that has no real value. The only value of it is based upon borrower's ability to pay their debts to money created out of thin air. I want no part of it at this point. I want to start using gold for transactions. I almost want to close my savings and checking accounts at the bank.
Central banks are nothing new, the founders of this country knew all about them and the debtors prisons they created. That is why they warned us to never allow a central bank in the U.S. The purpose of a central bank is to keep the game fixed so the working classes are never able to accumulate wealth, and therefore never stop working for the wealthy. You see slavery was never abolished, it was only perfected.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Okay, good, what country do you want to invade first and steal their gold?

One of the problems with the gold standard is that you cannot expand the money supply. How can the government provide benefits during a recession/depression if it is on the gold standard? It can't. Raising taxes is pointless, since no one is working. The government could simply print more money, but then that automatically results in inflation and makes matters worse.

The only way to expand the economy, um, you know, so you can have a job, is to acquire more gold. The government can only do that if it increases taxes to purchase more gold, or invades another hapless country and steals their gold.

Presently, M1 and M2 total $766,160,000,000,000 and the US would need 867,678,369,195 bars of gold bullion.

Ooops! Forgot about the national debt. Make that 878,289,674,822 bars of gold bullion.

Think if we close our eyes and pray real hard it will fall out of the sky and land in a vault in Fort Knox?
first, you are under the false impression that free markets don't work and we need government intervention to bring us out of market corrections. second, the federal reserve has been directly responsible for the boom/bust periods in our economic history from creating cheap money and not letting the market determine interest rates. third, if we returned back to a gold standard, we wouldn't need to increase the supply of gold. The price of gold would simply rise to whatever price an ounce is with the current level of money already in existance (obviously, the value of gold would greatly increase).

Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
A very good book to read about this is "The Monster of Jekyll Island".
Not a dry read at all..it was eye opening to learn that JP Morgan has been involved with the Fed Reserve from the get go.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,153,400 times
Quote:
I want to start using gold for transactions.
You think you are now working for money that has no value, but want to use gold? What value does gold have? The value of gold is no different than paper money. All money systems involve using something in transactions that has no real value. The difference between the gold standard and our fiat system is that money can't be created/destroyed in the same way.

Quote:
The price of gold would simply rise to whatever price an ounce is with the current level of money already in existance (obviously, the value of gold would greatly increase).
And do you think the current holder's of the world's gold are going to kindly hand it over to you? Some people will get very rich off this move for doing absolutely nothing.

Would be nice to keep religion out of economics.....

Old 05-14-2008, 03:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A very good book to read about this is "The Monster of Jekyll Island".
Not a dry read at all..it was eye opening to learn that JP Morgan has been involved with the Fed Reserve from the get go.
Absolutely! I'll just correct the title, so people can find it: Amazon.com: The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve: G. Edward Griffin: Books

Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post

Would be nice to keep religion out of economics.....
Sort of tend to agree, but it is all over the human condition. Including politics, education, economics and wars. If one fails to understand that, they fail to understand some of the prime movers of those topics.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 PM

heck, the stars are starting to line up know. I don't see how anyone could actually read the Bible and write off everything that is happening in our world as a complete coincidence. Granted, alot of the prophetic books are somewhat cryptic, but there is just too much that is falling into place. The middle east conflict, the worship of our fellow man's debt, the complete depravity of man, the mounting tensions, food shortages, economic downturns, natural disasters ect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics