Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 01:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Thought many would find this article interesting whether you are on a tight budget or not. Why waste money if you don't have to?

Chime in if you have suggestions which you don't see here

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_br...XTJw0Dvg%3D%3D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 08:24 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
I am supposed to take advice from a nut job publication?

Old 08-11-2021, 09:57 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I am supposed to take advice from a nut job publication?
Epoch times is not a sensationalist column like the NY or Washington Post

Old 08-11-2021, 10:11 AM

4,863 posts, read 4,801,062 times
Groceries are just too expensive, so I am not going to eat until prices decline.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:54 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Epoch times is not a sensationalist column like the NY or Washington Post
Oh okay well let’s ignore the obvious

Quote:
The Epoch Times is a far-right[12] international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.[17] The newspaper, based in New York City, is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television.[18]

The Epoch Times opposes the Chinese Communist Party,[20] promotes far-right politicians in Europe,[3][5] and has backed President Donald Trump in the U.S.;[21] a 2019 report by NBC News showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[18][22][23] The Epoch Media Group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation.[18][24][25] In 2020, the New York Times called it a "global-scale misinformation machine".[21] The Epoch Times frequently promotes other Falun Gong affiliated groups, such as the performing arts company Shen Yun.[14][26][21]
Per wiki which although not completely solid certainly far exceeds your credibility

Old 08-11-2021, 11:26 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,097 times
With Epoch Times, I was expecting they say buy lots of guns and ammo ASAP, plus stock up on canned foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Thought many would find this article interesting whether you are on a tight budget or not. Why waste money if you don't have to?

Old 08-12-2021, 03:03 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Personally I would hold off on buying real-estate, new or used cars and trucks, and avoid restaurants right now.
At the grocery store I've been buying bone in pieces of chicken and boning them out myself, then using the bones to make broth, avoid beef unless you can find a really good sale.
be a smart shopper, its really that simple.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:34 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
With Epoch Times, I was expecting they say buy lots of guns and ammo ASAP, plus stock up on canned foods

Well, there's a joke about this

Pessimist studies English
Optimist studies Chinese
Realist learns how to use AK-47

Old 08-12-2021, 11:23 AM

57 posts, read 24,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Personally I would hold off on buying real-estate, new or used cars and trucks, and avoid restaurants right now.
At the grocery store I've been buying bone in pieces of chicken and boning them out myself, then using the bones to make broth, avoid beef unless you can find a really good sale.
be a smart shopper, its really that simple.
I have a low mileage car and normally wouldn’t consider replacing it. However, right now I can get almost double what the car is worth. I went through Costco’s auto buying program and got a good deal on a new Toyota. I did have to put a deposit down on a car that’s on a boat from Japan now.

According to the dealer, most of their cars are pre-sold.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:23 PM

21,865 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Groceries are just too expensive, so I am not going to eat until prices decline.
LOL

Earlier this year the washing machine stopped working. Pretty sad state of affairs if you were to buy a washing machine then, only ones they had were really expensive ones. Turned out to just be the door sensor failed. Since those are backordered, I just took out the sensor and replaced it with a piece of electrical wire. Downside, no door sensor so it won't turn off when you open the lid which is a safety hazard. If I had kids, I'd care about that. For myself if I'm stupid enough to put my arm inside the running laundry machine, I deserve whatever comes next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics