Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times

Advertisements

The Energy Non-Crisis

Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about how the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
The Energy Non-Crisis

Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about how the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use.
It's always been about control. We are government property at this point. Those that believe they are free can't even see the very chains they are bound by.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
The Energy Non-Crisis

I'm sorry. These conspiracy theories are funny.

If anything, oil and gas are too cheap for the value you get out of it.

The price is set. Either buy it or someone else will.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I'm sorry. These conspiracy theories are funny.

If anything, oil and gas are too cheap for the value you get out of it.

The price is set. Either buy it or someone else will.
If there was no other place to get it - I would agree with you.

But there are too many places available to drill/should've been drilled and the US government body only thinks of itself. There's NO reason why we cannot supply ourselves with the resources off our shores that are available.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
The Energy Non-Crisis

This is his bio
Quote:
[SIZE=3]Lindsey Williams, who has been an ordained Baptist minister for 28 years, went to Alaska in 1971 as a missionary. The Transalaska oil pipeline began its construction phase in 1974, and because of Mr. Williams' love for his country and concern for the spiritual welfare of the "pipeliners," he volunteered to serve as Chaplain on the pipeline, with the subsequent full support of the Alyeska Pipeline Company.
Because of the executive status accorded to him as Chaplain, he was given access to the information that is documented in this book.[/SIZE]
I have heard accounts from geologist and the like in documentaries that said ANWR does have a lot of oil but not enough to make THAT much of a difference.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
This is his bio
I have heard accounts from geologist and the like in documentaries that said ANWR does have a lot of oil but not enough to make THAT much of a difference.
A geologist that was paid off to say that by the special interests - a strong probability me thinks.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM

^^

Well i guess if thinking that helps you sleep at night, then by all means. However you should read from credible sources. Rather than taking the word of a preacher with no formal training in the subject matter other than to say his "inside sources gave him the scoop"

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM

692 posts, read 3,141,304 times
With oil becomming in such short supply, maybe China will make an offer to purchase Alaska with all of their Billions of de-valued US dollars we sent them for the junk and trinketts they sent us.
Why should OPEC rush to supply our demands when they probably realize they are beggining to see the end of the tunnel on there largest oil fields, and the more they hold back the tighter things will get, and the more valuable the oil that is left will be.
As these prices continue to go up it will uncork many new and old areas of supplies that are available and will become more cost effective to operate.
.....At A Price.
From the research I have done, it looks like we are over the "cheap oil stage" and onto the much more "difficult stage".
Last info I saw was est. approx. 1 million barrels a day from ANWR for a relatively short period of time.
They may discover more oil in Alaska but we need to move onto alternatives as quickly as we can to relieve the pressures that are comming.
At what point will the airlines become an unviable business model?
Seachange in energy is upon us and we better get the H$#L off our DUFF !!!

Silverfox

Old 05-22-2008, 09:34 AM

oil isn't in short supply. It is the easily accessible oil that is in short supply. We have tons of the stuff, but it is just more expensive to get to it and refine this crap.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:46 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
A geologist that was paid off to say that by the special interests - a strong probability me thinks.
Wow, you have a strong degree of suspicion for viewpoints you don't agree with just dismiss them as conspiracy.....but seem to absorb unsupported "I heard rumors" geological information from a guy with a blog.

If you have a case to make, then make it...lets see some facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics