Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,794,592 times

Advertisements

Calif. police: Things get ugly at the gas pumps - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Doctor....tire iron...getting CRA-ZY at da pump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,952,149 times
If he had assaulted the driver in TX he might have been shot.

Not wise to threaten someone with a weapon.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,639 posts, read 57,672,293 times
supposedly they had a scuffle where the 'line cutter' had the doc in a head hold and said he would 'hurt' him if he had an issue with it, so the doc went back to his car to 'tool-up'. Not a good idea for either, and certainly not too smart to walk back into a confrontation. There is a lot of that kind of stuff on the left coast. Usually via random gunshot if someone doesn't like you in 'their' lane. or beside then, or on the same road...

The fuel and catalytic thefts are really getting out of hand. Bicycle theft too !

Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,952,149 times
Remember the 70's when we had gas rationing of 10 gals per fillup and you had to gas up on your designated days?

How do you think people today would react?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,321,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Remember the 70's when we had gas rationing of 10 gals per fillup and you had to gas up on your designated days?

How do you think people today would react?
If that happens I sell my car and get a motorcycle. The level of ignorance will be to great.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,139,040 times
Last time I checked the gas stations aren't running out of gas. The lines at Costco's gas stations are always long this is just road rage and has little to do with this forum.

I think the story is sorta funny. The guy cuts in line and then runs with his tail between his legs to his car and locks the door when the guy confronts him! Ha! I always get a kick out of these tough guys that are only tough in their cars.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,794,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Last time I checked the gas stations aren't running out of gas. The lines at Costco's gas stations are always long this is just road rage and has little to do with this forum.

I think the story is sorta funny. The guy cuts in line and then runs with his tail between his legs to his car and locks the door when the guy confronts him! Ha! I always get a kick out of these tough guys that are only tough in their cars.
Wrong forum, eh?

Long lines for discounted gasoline..... and the anger created by them...belongs in Relationships, perhaps?

Health and wellness? (Beware the tire tool! It hurts!)
Maybe the House forum? ("Where can I buy the most effective tire tool for my gas line altercations??? We'll show you where!")

News: Doctor accused of brandishing tire iron at gas pumps | reyes, tire, cut, police, iron - OCRegister.com

What forum would you suggest would be a better forum? Come on. You've got a complaint. You must have a solution.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,136,207 times
I could say that a better place would be the automotive section, but that really is jumping off topic.

I think that this sort of violence is unnacceptable for any sort of Mature Adult to display. It's one thing to joke about such acts, but another to actually grab a weapon and literally go after somebody.

I guess the doctor was just trying to strum up more business? Beat the snot out of somebody, care for their medical needs, then bill 'em later!

Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,139,040 times
Quote:
What forum would you suggest would be a better forum? Come on. You've got a complaint. You must have a solution.
Calm down, its not a big deal. I just didn't see what road rage had to do with Business, Finance and investing.

Regardless, the guy was on the news tonight. He is a pretty small nerdy guy which may explain why he decided to get the tire iron out.

Quote:
I guess the doctor was just trying to strum up more business?
Sometimes other drivers can be really really bad. In this case the guy cut in front of him, he came out to complain and the guy did nothing. So he went back to his car and got the tire iron. I don't think he ever intended on hitting the guy just scaring him.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

148 posts, read 470,703 times
Forget the tire iron, just grab a cordless drill!

Thieves drill tanks for valuable gas -- chicagotribune.com

Thieves are now puncturing gas tanks, cutting fuel lines, and all sorts of other methods to get at gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics