Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:37 PM

862 posts, read 1,050,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
And I believe, they would be correct.
As does anyone with 1/2 a brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 04:59 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, now you Americans listen very carefully, don't blame illegal immigrants, crime or even ethnic Americans. This is down to the people. I've had about all I can take from this lat fortnight from the you, the markets, even my crap. I think at the end of it all, when you've all got your money under your matress, that you will realise that every $1000 will only be worth $900. Paper value will slip. And besides, the majority of Americans spend on cards, so there won't be enough US bills in the ATMs.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:21 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Yes, I just posted the following on the politics forum, most don't understand or they are interjecting politics into it.

Anyway, for what it's worth, here is my quick take on it, responding to the question, where will the money come from. I bold the more salient points.

==========================

They'll print the money, that's not hard.

The problem is where all the real resources are going to come from.

Pretty soon, and in some cases already, we will have real shortages of actual goods and services, like gasoline, possibly utilities and food.

The dollar price of what goods and services are actually available at will be expressed through high rates of inflation.

In the end it is a crisis of production - we consume more than we produce; among other things, we have given away expensive, inefficient housing to too many unproductive people and the result in monetary terms is debt and inflation.

At this pace it is not inconceivable that we may have to implement some kind of rationing system, whether credit to begin with, then of real goods and services, such as gasoline, even utilities and food.

This bailout is designed to avoid a wipe-out of the savings of the productive and a crisis in the payments system, which would then lead to shortages of basic goods and services.

But even if the bailout passes and has some effect, it does not address the underlying real economy problem of production - consumption = saving + investment.

The most disturbing aspect of this bailout plan is that they are talking of continuing to subsidize unproductive people so that they can continue to live in inefficient housing and consume.

Ain't gonna work.

Until they talk about restoring the productivity of the average US worker (real productive work, not some government make-work), then we only drag the crisis out, not resolve it.

Good luck!
THank you for your answer. I agree. What you say makes so much sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics