Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,215 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but this has to be the understatement of the century! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Bernanke: Financial crisis could hurt economy - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM

316 posts, read 692,757 times
Here's another one ! FOR YA'ALL !

JACK WELCH SAYS US FACES DEEP DOWNTURN !
Jack Welch says U.S. faces deep downturn | Reuters

Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
What gets me is why these morons want to keep the economy (as it has been the last few decades) going at all. I read posts here, asking who's afraid of the big bad wolf...all the chicken little's running because the sky is falling. When will they realize that what TPTB want to "save" is their own gravy train; this so-called "economy" is not set up for the benefit of anyone posting here. All of us mean nothing to the rich except as chickens to pluck. They want the fruits of our labor. It's too valuable to let us have it all.

I say, yet the damned "economy" go. We'll replace it with something that benefits We the People, not the elites.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 PM

707 posts, read 1,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetway777 View Post
Here's another one ! FOR YA'ALL !

JACK WELCH SAYS US FACES DEEP DOWNTURN !
Jack Welch says U.S. faces deep downturn | Reuters

Jack Welch, another fine American who spent 40 years as a salaryman for GE. He walked out with $900 million dollars (still asked for a free car and airline tickets). Never risked a dime of his own capital. He did a great job as senior manager of GE and deserved to be well compensated but to enrich oneselve by $900 million while middle class jobs at his own company have declined cuts to the heart of our greed is good culture. And truthfully, anyone who has worked in a business as large as GE knows how little real impact one man has on a business.

I admire all entrepeneurs who go out and create jobs, products and commerce. People who choose to manage other peoples money do not deserve the same rewards as those risk their own capital.

Dick Fuld, Chuck Prince, Stanley O'Neal, Jimmy Cayne, Angelo Mozillo, and countless others are all people who became wealthy mismanaging other peoples resources.

Back to Welch, I saw him on TV countless times the last 5 years touting the wonderful things these titans were doing and the enormous profit generation of wall street. "The greatest capital markets in the world" he said many times. Turns out it was the greatest ponzi scheme.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
I saw on TV that they also deliver fresh flowers to his penthouse every day as part of his agreement!! (no joke).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
Jack Welch, another fine American who spent 40 years as a salaryman for GE. He walked out with $900 million dollars (still asked for a free car and airline tickets)..

Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
These guys knew last year we were on a downward spiral and did nothing.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
I can see US citizens taking these *******s to court. Hey HappyTexan, it is your right and duty to protect what you own. As of now those in the government have shown that they really can't be trusted.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
The only economy that it will be hurting is THEIR economy... they want you to pay THEM so that they can do something else with THEIR money... all courtesy of YOUR money.... it won't help YOUR economy, they couldn't give a rat's tail about it... but they like to use fear to make you do something that is worse for YOUR economy....

Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
So we are now being threatened. I thank you evilnewbie for bringing that up. I'm now gonna have to protect myself with force now.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
And when pressured by Congress to explain the $700 billion Paulsen couldn't. He did not give a breakdown..he didn't even answer the question. Instead it was filled with the typical fuzzy banker speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics