Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,356 times

Advertisements

Unreal.. Simply unreal. This is why I have opposed the $700 Bailout from the start and will not support the bailout of these crooks as well.

This country deserves everything it gets..No help for pathetic liars, cheats, and money grubbing ceo's.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/aut...ets/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
What "I" still cant beleive is the gov saying they didnt care what the execs at AIG did with their bailout money.

I was against any form of bailout, Im still against it. Some of these CEOs should be held criminally negligent for letting their companies get to the point they are.

Another thing Ive heard (I dont know how true it is) is that sometime a million years ago some CEO came foth and said because his company was in the crapper, hes decided he would only take $1 as his salary until the company is back where it needs to be. Someone asked the auto makers if they would be willing to do it to save their companies and their workers jobs, all but the guy at Chrysler said no effing way.

We need to let these companies fail. The airline industry lost tons of carrier and almost every one of them filed for bankrupcy and we still have tons of planes in the air. Let these companies fail. Let them file then they can renogotiate their obscene union contracts, they can possibly merge, they can do whatever they need to do to survive, or not. Bailing them out is NOT the answer. They werent doing so great BEFORE the economy took a dump. How the hell is a bailout going to solve anything for them? 25 billion?? They lose 2billion a month as it is now. So thats what, 1 year. Then what happens? The gov owns a chunk of a worthless company and we either bail them out again or write it off as a loss and were no furhter ahead than we were previous.

This is getting disgusting.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:07 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Unreal.. Simply unreal. This is why I have opposed the $700 Bailout from the start and will not support the bailout of these crooks as well.

This country deserves everything it gets..No help for pathetic liars, cheats, and money grubbing ceo's.

Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money - CNN.com
I just wrote in the business forum that this tells me everything I need to know about these a-holes. How on earth could they think this is appropriate behaviour? Sit your fat ass in a coach seat and be glad you may have a job. Here is video of them getting on the jets. Vomit.

ABC News: Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Plead for Public Funds

Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,098 times
Yes, agree; with the state of our economy and the 3 big automakers of our great country heading toward alot of layoff's due to their mis-mangement.. They fly to DC in their "private jets" stating they need $25 billion to bail out their companies.... OMG

From CNN - "It's almost like seeing a guy show up at the soup kitchen in high hat and tuxedo. It kind of makes you a little bit suspicious."

Old 11-20-2008, 11:19 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,521 times
I imagine the thousends of soon to be laid off workers might be wishing for a few minutes in private with those CEO's...

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM

353 posts, read 1,020,971 times
One comment I heard yesterday was "Can't you at least jetpool to save money?"

Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMensch View Post
One comment I heard yesterday was "Can't you at least jetpool to save money?"
I heard that..loved it!! he first asked "you couldn't downsize to commercial first class....."

Bunch of bozo's..this bailout will not help the assembly line auto makers facing unemployment.

I have never seen such a bunch of arrogant grossly overpaid CEO's as we have now...The Detroit 3 still more than likely expect their bonus this year..argh!!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM

517 posts, read 1,806,494 times
ABC News: Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Plead for Public Funds

Unbelieveable! This is disgusting. They spent and extra $19, 100+ to fly on a private jet. Now, I can almost see a first class ticket (even though that's not necessary- especially if hurting for money), but what is the reason that they need a private jet.

Something is really wrong with our government if they bail them out again. I hope the new president elect can change things around.

I just feel bad for the people at the bottom of these 3 companies. Meanwhile, their CEO's are getting away with this.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:12 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
It was nice to see the CEO's take such heat BUT why do THEY take such heat but the financial industry CEO's did not? What also makes me sick is that these fools (politicians included) are all in bed together.

The mighty may fall, but remember where they will land, right on top of us...and we'll be squished.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
It was nice to see the CEO's take such heat BUT why do THEY take such heat but the financial industry CEO's did not? What also makes me sick is that these fools (politicians included) are all in bed together.
The part in bold is what I have the most problems with. The fuss over the CEO's taking private jets is a bunch of nonsense to me. Yeah, it doesn't look good but in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. As for the financial industry? Daniel Mudd and Richard Syron should've been held over real coals. They should've either been keelhauled or drawn and quartered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics