Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
He should try to take care of the HOA fees so they don't put him in foreclosure. I could be wrong but I think they may be able to do that. Then he should find any job that he can and save, save, save. But don't use the banks. Just cash his checks and stash the money in a safe place. It would be good if he's also prepared to move at a moments notice. Start selling off as much of his things as he can, just keep what he needs.

I was not clear enough...Yes, you are right..the HOA can foreclose on you. But the lender DID foreclose on him 1st....they sent him out the initial foreclosure lawsuit or "lis pendens" about 2 months ago. He paid an attorney 300 bucks to respond to the allegations in the "lis pendens" lawsuit. In Florida, what happens then, is the courts have to set up a foreclosure hearing. It has been over 2 months now and not a peep from the courts. Sometimes just asking the lender to produce the original mortgage note you signed puts them in a tailspin since 25% or more of them cannot produce the note ! Foreclosure cases are being dismissed left and right in court because of this believe it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Yeah....and on the political forums, so many people were b*tching about the debt we racked up by being in Iraq. They haven't seen anything yet.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
I was not clear enough...Yes, you are right..the HOA can foreclose on you. But the lender DID foreclose on him 1st....they sent him out the initial foreclosure lawsuit or "lis pendens" about 2 months ago. He paid an attorney 300 bucks to respond to the allegations in the "lis pendens" lawsuit. In Florida, what happens then, is the courts have to set up a foreclosure hearing. It has been over 2 months now and not a peep from the courts. Sometimes just asking the lender to produce the original mortgage note you signed puts them in a tailspin since 25% or more of them cannot produce the note ! Foreclosure cases are being dismissed left and right in court because of this believe it or not.
Can they prove that he owes them anything? Maybe he can request his deed free and clear. That would be funny if he got it.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
I think I'm going to stop paying my mortage tomorrow. Even with my managable mortage I could save $32k over the next 2 years. Humm...
Only if you have a fannie or freddie mortgage. the rest of us must continue to pay as usual.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Sometimes just asking the lender to produce the original mortgage note you signed puts them in a tailspin since 25% or more of them cannot produce the note ! Foreclosure cases are being dismissed left and right in court because of this believe it or not.
If that 25% number is true, it would be worth falling a month behind just to see if they can produce the note. If they can't, you just won the house lottery.....

Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Only if you have a fannie or freddie mortgage. the rest of us must continue to pay as usual.
Man what was I thinking when I went through Wells Fargo. Oh well I guess I'll keep paying my mortgage for now

Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
Man what was I thinking when I went through Wells Fargo. Oh well I guess I'll keep paying my mortgage for now
I feel your pain, brotha.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
One thing to keep in mind with all these various "rescue" packages is that they haven't funded all of them yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics