U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 AM

705 posts, read 1,143,888 times

Advertisements

He has to make it sound as bad as possible so when his ludicrous stimulus package of pork doesn't create 4 million jobs, he can always fall back on the "I inherited the worst economy ................."
Just politics as usual. I voted for him but after his refusal to withdraw the tax evader Geithner from head of the IRS and treasury, I have no confidence in his "change" message. Just more of the same old thing in DC. Ethics don't matter in this government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 AM

652 posts, read 2,411,310 times
I didnt vote for him and do not like most of the things he is doing/trying to do, but I am glad for once someone is coming out and telling people how it really is. Although he is doing it for his own political gain I am hoping he will at least change comunication between the whitehouse and the people.
We are in a big mess whether he admits it or not and will be for awhile. At least he has gotten people tuned in that otherwise wouldnt have the first clule what is going on in the world.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:45 AM

253 posts, read 936,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
He's been President for less than a week, how tired can you be?

Maybe he's just trying to temper peoples expectations that he can fix a decades worth of banking mess and a major recession in a couple of days!
Exactly! It's like people seriously expect the above and if he doesn't manage to do just that, then he failed as President and will have made an excuse for that failure by claiming, "I told you it would take a while!"

*knock! knock!* That is because all of this mess WILL take awhile to resolve. We've been in a mess for some time and now it's just quickly escalating. Obama (and his cabinet) have a huge, meandering, knotted and complex series of maddening tasks ahead of him as President during this time.

He's no miracle worker. I think we can see that he is certainly getting to work and has the best intentions and is serious about enacting plans. He began doing this even before he was sworn in! Let's give the man some credit.

Hell if anything, I bet McCain is relieved.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 AM

11,564 posts, read 17,496,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsymptoticFaery View Post
He's no miracle worker. I think we can see that he is certainly getting to work and has the best intentions and is serious about enacting plans. He began doing this even before he was sworn in! Let's give the man some credit.

Hell if anything, I bet McCain is relieved.
The bad thing is his plan are the same as Bush's - throw money at the problem, increase government spending. I see no difference, wheres the "change" and the ideas?

"meet the new boss,
same as the old boss"
-The Who/won't get fooled again

Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 AM

16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
Shouldn't this be in the political forum?

Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Shouldn't this be in the political forum?
Well it's economic related. I like this forum - for the most part everyone is bipartisan. We hate all politicans equally and for most of these post you can interchange Bush with Obama and see the same results. Politics is just another economic component. Doesn't matter who is president.

Now if you get the partisan, blame it on one party or another posts, then those belong in the politics forum...

Last edited by Dd714; 01-27-2009 at 01:46 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM

5,092 posts, read 9,600,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well it's economic related. I like this forum - for the most part everyone is bipartisan. We hate all politicans equally and for most of these post you can interchange Bush with Obama and see the same results. Politics is just another economic component. Doesn't matter who is president.

Now if you get the partisan, blame it on one party or another posts, then those belong in the politics forum...
Bipartisan?

I trend towards Anti-Parisan. mho, The Parties ARE the problem.

A curse on both of them, as they are a curse upon US.

That is not really bipartisan, but neither is the description you provided.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Bipartisan?

I trend towards Anti-Parisan. mho, The Parties ARE the problem.

A curse on both of them, as they are a curse upon US.

That is not really bipartisan, but neither is the description you provided.
Yeah I was looking for the right words - how about "equal opportunity political skeptics". I was going to say philisophical libertarian but that's become a political party in itself.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM

931 posts, read 3,409,392 times
CHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,409,088 times
Hrmmm.. are you saying it's better if he puts a good face on it? Hard to give bailouts if everybody is doing OK, don't you think? Harder for people to swallow, anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or