U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,420,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
Anyone who puts gold in the mail is an idiot who deserves to be scammed.

Honestly, how stupid are people?
I just sort of put some gold and a diamond in the mail.
(Happy Birthday, sweety!)

Diamonds, Engagement Rings and Fine Jewelry at Blue Nile

All kidding aside, I agree with what you've just said. "Hey, send me some gold and I'll give you what I think it is worth and it's gonna be worth a lot 'cuz it's gold and gold is expensive and you can make a lot of money from gold."

"I will send you gold."

"Good, when you send me gold you'll make lots of money on your gold and we won't rip u off or nuttin 'cuz we give good prices on gold."

"I got a rubber chicken and some glue from you guys. Wasn't I supposed to get a fat check?"

"You sent us gold and the gold wuz not 2 gud, but it wuz wurth a chiken and some glue."

"I want my money or my gold."

"We wil snd u back yur gold but we charge a $140 dollar chicken restocking and use policy and only take returns on Fridays on the last week of month. Please send more gold to cover costs of chiping and handling, thanks, send more gold , thanks"

" I WANT MY MONEY'

"This line has been temporarily disconnected. Please check the number you are dialing, and try again. Thank you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 AM

15,400 posts, read 19,052,595 times
I think these commercials are designed to prey on the older,poorer and "vulnerable" people in our country. In this economy many people are desperate for cash....and too embarassed/afraid to go to a pawn shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or