Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

That's all we keep hearing about lately. The govt just keeps dumping, oh I mean printing, more money and giving to those who don't deserve it. Why should everyone who has tried to do it "right" by saving and living within their means be responsible for others? It just really really ticks me off. Sorry for the rant.

I don't have a problem with helping those who are willing to help themselves but that is not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 02:23 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That's all we keep hearing about lately. The govt just keeps dumping, oh I mean printing, more money and giving to those who don't deserve it. Why should everyone who has tried to do it "right" by saving and living within their means be responsible for others? It just really really ticks me off. Sorry for the rant.

I don't have a problem with helping those who are willing to help themselves but that is not the case.
Rack up the debt. It'll be taken care of through hyperinflation anyway. Screw fiscal responsibility. Savers will be the biggest losers when all of this is over.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:56 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
We, and our children and grandchildren, will be paying dearly for the luxury of "feel good" bailouts and handouts for the rich and the poor.

Meanwhile the "beloved" middle class gets the shaft. As always. That's what we get for doing what we're supposed to do: work hard, succeed, pay our bills. The result? Those around us who don't do things the right way get rewarded.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:05 PM

707 posts, read 1,293,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Rack up the debt. It'll be taken care of through hyperinflation anyway. Screw fiscal responsibility. Savers will be the biggest losers when all of this is over.
Yep, the responsible people who saved money and managed their assets properly are going to pay the price when the inflation hits. The people who didn't are being taken care of thru bailouts.

More examples of lack of leadership.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,078 times
Yeah, it is discouraging. I had hoped that we might see some actual "reform," but it looks like business as usual.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
From the looks of things the federal deficit or borrowed money with interest is fixing to skyrocket. That will mean that many programs will have to be cut in the future or Taxes raised on everybody substancially. The USA's house will be upside down.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Quote:

Please see my existing thread. Duplicate. Oh, except for the fact you are not nuanced enough to take into account disabilities and the like. These people might want to help themselves, but they cannot.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
The plan is simple, keep acelerating as you reach the cliff, maybe you can float a little farther before the crash happens. If they had any sense they would have applied the brakes 20 years ago and started going another way.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:42 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,078 times
It seems like we're in a catch 22.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:

Because the government supports the rich, and when that happens, you no longer have a democracy, do you?

So what does that tell you, Lisa?

It's a good think you are going off grid. I think you are the smartest in the bunch, really I do.

Woofers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics