Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times

Advertisements

Exactly - they come to some of my email accounts that don't even have Paypal. I hope we hear from the OP and he/she didn't give out any CC info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:41 AM

32 posts, read 96,556 times
I was in Thailand recently and used PayPal (on hotel Wi-Fi through a VPN service located in Wash DC) and they limited my account. I got an e-mail and when I logged in it asked for full account / credit card numbers. I'm super paranoid so I wouldn't enter them...especially in Thailand. When I got back to Alaska I tried to log in with my local ISP and got the same thing, so I ended up calling them...google the phone number. After waiting on hold about 20 mins it took 30 seconds for them to fix it.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 10,299 times
But it is from my paypal account, not an email. So I think it is true, because I reaaly cannot send money by PAYPAL now. Thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
You are telling me you logged into

https://www.paypal.com/

and it says that? Or did you mistype?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:14 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Ebay and Pay Pal are working on a new system that should help a lot of people who type without thinking..... There are a lot of scams , and , they start with the scammer getting access to your PayPal account..... I had a very good example of this happen to me. ... I had a Rolex watch on Ebay , the winning bidder quickly transfered into my PalPay account the 6,000 dollars...... However , along with shipping instructions , the winner wanted me to ship the watch to his " family " in Jakarta , and not to his registered address in VA.... I smelled a rat , and held back on shipping. I got lots of nasty emails , but , knowing third party shipping is not insured by Ebay , I kept the money , and the watch.
Thirty days later , Ebay caught the scam , and deducted the money from my account... I still had the watch , and eventually , sold it to a person in the States. Ebay paid for all the transaction fees , and the new auction. They do want to help you , but , it does sometimes require a level of due diligence .

Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM

347 posts, read 1,357,704 times
I had my credit card linked to my PayPal account.
One fine day in December 2008, my account access was limited and I got the same screen saying "Add a checking account".
I called up PayPal and they said something on the lines of "Due to the economy we no longer trust credit cards and want you to give us your checking account number just in case".
They also said that payments will be charged to the credit card only.
So I entered my checking account details and used PayPal, payments are being charged to my credit card, no issues or scams so far.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
When in doubt get off the internet and place a phone call to Paypal. They are very easy to deal with and anxious to solve your problem.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 10,299 times
Yeah, I have already solved the problem.
Thank you very much for all of you

Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil View Post
I had my credit card linked to my PayPal account.
One fine day in December 2008, my account access was limited and I got the same screen saying "Add a checking account".
I called up PayPal and they said something on the lines of "Due to the economy we no longer trust credit cards and want you to give us your checking account number just in case".
They also said that payments will be charged to the credit card only.
So I entered my checking account details and used PayPal, payments are being charged to my credit card, no issues or scams so far.
If it was charged to your credit card only I still don't understand why they would need you checking account number.

If I were you I'd keep a very close eye on my checking account..

I still think it's a scam...

And when the e-mail asked for my checking account info, I didn't even have a pay-pal account.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlovesu View Post
But it is from my paypal account, not an email. So I think it is true, because I reaaly cannot send money by PAYPAL now. Thanks
How did they notify you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics