Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM

1,945 posts, read 7,351,994 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is the right forum. Just been thinking about this. Not sure if this is even answerable. I was "mentoring" a youngish adult, I am in my early forties and have accomplished things. College, career, family, etc. But as I was busy doling out my supposed "words of wisdom", I got to thinking. Why ARE there obstacles in the way of achieving anything worth while? There is always the fight, the struggle to create something new, to start a new thing, the false steps, mistakes, etc. in anyone's life that has accomplished something.

I have had something clearly come to me easily, as a matter of my interests and research coinciding with societal events that equaled painfree financial gain. And some other things have come easier for me. But that is not the norm. I know that more positive things in life than we will ever know occur behind the scenes, so to speak, out of our personal awarenss.

It just seems to me that the glue in life, the substance of effort causes us to get to the point of no return in deciding and then to fight like the dickens to see it all through to the end.

Okay, that's enough for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics