Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times

Advertisements

Bank of America has changed some rules. If you would have a certain amount in your accounts you would become a premier account holder and get a bank manager appointed to help you with certain things....mostly trying to sell you mortgage, get you a credit card for free for a short period and than charge high fees, or anything else the bank can make money off....

Yesterday I received a letter that the bank had changed things and they would only further with clients who spent large amounts and have high investings with BoA....who will that be in todays market...and with BoA.

It was easy to place one call when you needed a withdraw and now I have to drive to the bank center again...but if that is all, I can live with that....

I always have to laugh when they mention in letters and on the phone how much they value you as a client and than drop service....(I still have more in my accounts than was required to be a premier banking client, just for the people who thought that would be the reason..)

I wonder what is happening with the employes at premier banking...are they all fired?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:45 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,511,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
. . . I still have more in my accounts than was required to be a premier banking client, just for the people who thought that would be the reason . . .
No, just wondering why in the world would you still have an account with them?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:16 AM

23,559 posts, read 70,077,656 times
I dropped 'em long ago, when they started having secret shoppers check on the tellers to make sure the "customer experience" was right, and at the same time started instituting new fees and upping charges. Whenever I went to the bank I felt like I was being accosted by $20 hookers.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,835,239 times
I have used BofA for 30 years and have no problems with them. One reason I first went to them is because they have branches everywhere. Now that doesn't matter with online banking. All my deposits are automatic, and all bill paying is online. I doubt I go into a branch more than a couple of times a year.
I'm a premier client, and I got the letter, too. All it really said is, instead of your own account manager, you will now deal directly with the local bank, which I like better. Before my premier banker was in a branch 80 miles away. I retired and moved, but they kept me with the guy from the old area...Now I can go to the local branch to do businessd, If I wish to.
I see a lot of people on CD complaining about BofA, but I've never had a problem, and wouldn't consider changing...

Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,239,753 times
Been with BoA since I started working for a living. No issues with them really. It's hard for me to say what they could do on their end to improve things for me.

Well...ok...one thing that has bothered me before is the order they process debits on my checking account. It's not chronological....it's largest payment FIRST for any given day. I'm usually pretty good at keeping my ledger in check and have control over my expenditures. But I've screwed up before (who hasn't?). They processed my morgage payment first...then a bunch of misc debits....which put me in a hole....a big hole....because they elected to NOT process a particularly large deposit that I made for about 5 working days. They also didn't tell me that they were going to put a hold on it. OK Lesson learned....if your check is larger than $5000 they WILL put a hold on it. They just assumed that I knew but I had no clue. They corrected it but only after I launched into a tirade with customer service on the phone. I would have been hit with about 8 OD fees @ $20/pop....needless to say I wasn't happy with them.

But other than that incident I wouldn't say I'm dissatisfied overall.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,626,029 times
BOA is the best possible bank to bank with in my opinion. I've been with them for 10 years now and never had a single problem.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,351,964 times
The only issue I have with them is I asked to have my checking account fee waived because I transferred my direct deposit paycheck into another account. They agreed; this was 6 months ago. It was good for 1 year. 2 months ago they started the fee up again, I complained, they said tough. I find out later when I go into a brick and mortar bank the fee should never have been on there because I opened the account up on the internet, direct deposit or not. They are really fishing for $$. OK no biggie, I transferred my $$ out of the account and closed it; their loss.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:43 PM

823 posts, read 2,211,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm a premier client, and I got the letter, too. All it really said is, instead of your own account manager, you will now deal directly with the local bank, which I like better. Before my premier banker was in a branch 80 miles away. I retired and moved, but they kept me with the guy from the old area...Now I can go to the local branch to do businessd, If I wish to.
I see a lot of people on CD complaining about BofA, but I've never had a problem, and wouldn't consider changing...
I am confused. This is "special" at BOA? At WaMu that is just part of free checking. I never call their outsourced customer service number. I just call my contact at my branch or did until Chase decided to close it. I have a new contact at another branch they gave me but I have not called them yet. I only use it as a place to deposit cash. I currently have less than $5 in that account.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:27 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,938,255 times
I did open an account at my local bank for my direct deposit to get away from BOA. I really didn't have a problem with BOA but read a lot of negative things and don't like their status at the moment. I kept my checking account with BOA. I must say, I use online banking and bill payer and it is one of the best. I use to get alerts for direct deposit from BOA, not with my local bank. Tracking checks is easy also. If they were in better shape I probably would have kept my direct deposit with them.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 PM

3,852 posts, read 12,842,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
No, just wondering why in the world would you still have an account with them?
I have a checking account with them. Just use it for direct deposit and their debit card. That is it. Never paid a cent in fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics