Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,760 times

Advertisements

Got a letter from BofA, turns out they have changed their mind and no longer plan to convert my account to a variable rate. Apparently enough outcry convinced them of the public relations error of their ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 05:56 PM

6 posts, read 21,846 times
I just received my letter saying my rate will remain fixed, but it didn't reference my OCC complaint (but it was mentioned by BofA in my last phone conversation with them, heh heh heh). I'm satisfied, and they lowered my interest rate 2% before they decided to keep the rate fixed, so I got a good deal out of it. Just goes to show you that we must voice our opinions loud and clear and talk by moving our money elsewhere if need be!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:36 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Recieved my letter yesterday. Was never so glad to get a piece of mail from a bank before.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:32 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Recieved my letter yesterday. Was never so glad to get a piece of mail from a bank before.
Haha same here!

I'm so glad to know that when I started this thread I was hoping others out there would have the same problem as me and we'd be able to be strong with numbers against BOA

Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 PM

7 posts, read 19,551 times
Default Got my letter

Got my letter too! Back to the original interest rate. - non variable.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
Default too late for BofA

they lost my business already, I xferred to a CU immediately upon receipt of the original letter

Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakun View Post
they lost my business already, I xferred to a CU immediately upon receipt of the original letter
Oh I'm sure most if not all of us that were affected by this will never do any business with them again after this.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:04 PM

7 posts, read 19,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Oh I'm sure most, if not all, of us that were affected by this will never do any business with them again after this.
I left their banking a couple of years ago for WaMu. Now Wamu is Chase and I have zero choices left. I hate all the ones that have survived. May just switch entirely to a credit union, but I need to do some research first.

I am the typical excuse for a large credit card balance: medical expenses. It will take years to pay off the gold option loan, but I will do it.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdemers View Post
I left their banking a couple of years ago for WaMu. Now Wamu is Chase and I have zero choices left. I hate all the ones that have survived. May just switch entirely to a credit union, but I need to do some research first.

I am the typical excuse for a large credit card balance: medical expenses. It will take years to pay off the gold option loan, but I will do it.
Agreed I've been with a credit union for a long long time. This GoldOption thing is the only thing I have with BoA. And yes the ones that have survived I despise.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM

10 posts, read 44,489 times
When I started calling Barney Frank's office I never imagined I'd have the opportunity to make our case directly to John Collingwood and even the CEO's office. His initial call really opened the door and if you have a chance to thank him please call his office and do so. Who was it again that made fun of him at the beginning of the thread? I for one believe he paved the way for us to get BoA to reverse course. Our persistence made this happen! Way to go, people! We won one for the little guy. If this change means one family will still afford their home or feed their children who otherwise could not have once prime increased we have changed the world for the better! Be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics