Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 PM

9 posts, read 37,567 times

Advertisements

Below is a great site that shows just how deceptive this marketing campaign was.

Bank of America Offers “Clean Sweep” Debt Consolidation Loan Up to $50,000. Let’s Look at The Facts And See Who Is Really Cleaning Up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:06 PM

I hope that everyone also noticed this in their October 2009 letter.

In addition another interesting “fine print” that was added to my new terms is: “If the Wall Street Journal does not publish the U.S. Prime Rate, or if changes the definition of the U.S. Prime Rate, we may, in our sole discretion, substitute another index.” What other type of index? How many changes will they continue to make on this loan?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM

Yes, I understand that ole Ken will not see this personally, but enough people e-mailing to this address may stir the pot. We want to be above board when we e-mail BofA point out the facts on just how misleading this loan was and how many good people are being affected by it!

Below is Ken Lewis' e-mail address. I have e-mailed my complaint directly to him as well as some other BofA addresses I was able to get. I have told them that I have filed complaints with Comptroller of the Currency, Several States Attorneys General, both of my Senators, and Congressman as well. I urge everyone on this site to do the same. It is time we stand up to these predatory practices. I for one am going to a Credit Union and keeping my money at home, not with these MEGA Financial Institutions that have been created.
Let's keep the pressure on this one!!
ken.d.lewis@bankofamerica.com

Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,011 times
I have started a blog to fight this injustice! Post your story and join the fight!

http://goldoptioncalltoarms.blogspot.com

Strength in numbers!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,998 times
Goldoptionfight, I just posted in your blog. I would ask others to do the same and please start complaining to the federal agencies as well as congress and your senators.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM

Everyone on this site, start e-mailing Ken Lewis' (ken.d.lewis@bankofamerica.com) e-mail with comments regarding what has happened. Make sure that you tell them you have filed complaints with your representatives, media outlets, House Banking Committe, Comptroller of the Currency and Attorney Generals office. Keep it above board with no vulger language!
It has worked for me and I truly believe this campaign may work for all of us!!
Good Luck and Keep Up the Fight!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,963 times
I will be filing a complaint with the Comptroller of the Currency, my state Attorney General, federal reserve and the FTC. [url=http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm]OCC: Consumer Complaints and Assistance[/url] [url=http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml]Texas Attorney General[/url] [url]https://www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov/FormComplaint.cfm[/url] [url]https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/[/url]

Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
Goldoption, I just posted on your blog too...I'm Kenna and let's fight this one!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,758 times
I am in the same situation, just spoke with ourfriends at BofA, they have agreed to send me the original loan agreement, which of course I did not sign, because it was a telephone transaction. They said I have no remedy, I simply must comply with whatever rate changes they see fit to demand.

I read the letter that John Collingwood of BofA sent to Barney Frank. I will be writing to his office and my own representatives, demonstrating that BofA is lying and I will include a copy of the letter from BofA changing my terms. I am also going to look into my legal options and will try to share what I find out with this forum.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Wow...as happy as I am to see other people are sharing my experience, I am appalled at BoA's ballsyness to do this. One thing I can't believe is I never kept my original paperwork when I made the loan and yes its my own fault. I guess I'd never thought I'd be screwed by them when they kept marketing it as fixed price for the entire term of the loan.

I'm really hoping someone reads this has the original paperwork. Thanks for all your posts people...strength in numbers is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics