Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
I'm starting to get a large number of credit credit offers/promo offers from existing cards in the mail lately, so far they include:

- 2% on purchases of $200 or more
- 0~2% balance transfer offers for 12 months
- 0% on purchases for 12 months
etc

Anybody getting more of these lately? I think I'm going to utilize some of this easy money.
No really.. the 0% has always been there, not as much. I am waiting for the 0% with no BT fees to come back. Those were the good old days.

All these 0% for purchasing are all part of this so call "stimulus" and I don't buy into that. Look at some of the furniture store promo.. 24-36 months of no interests. Those interests accured every months...just a big trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 08:38 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck22b View Post
Hmm... the title suggests that this is something happening on a grander scale? Is this one instance (anecdotal), or an increasing trend? I haven't received any credit card offers recently for quite some time?

If so, then are we going to see the "good 'ol days coming back" and credit/debt expansion? Or, is this just a "shift" of credit taking from those with higher credit risk and giving it to those with lower risk? or vice versa?

What do you see?

-chuck22b
In that regard, then certainly...that is all our economy has been based on for the last however many years.

What else could you expect that is different when an economy is based on ponzi schemes, flipping houses for income (that wheel is in motion), and taxing everyone to death?

Seven or eight years from now, I wonder if the last year or two will be just a faint memory and we're right back into the same mess all over again.

It will be a matter of finding those who were not old enough to drown in this bust or finding those who washed their hands of it first.

Also, that is my reminder to make sure my opt-out deal for telemarketing junk gets renewed for another five years...even if it is not up yet.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Ultimately, cheap credit will go away because nobody will be willing to lend to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics