Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 02:22 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,013,395 times

Advertisements

I set up a payment plan and filed it on time. I also included a 500 dollar check to start up the payments. They already cashed the check weeks ago, but I have still not heard anything back from them officially letting me know if the payment plan was approved or not. I do not trust the IRS...I think they are out to get people. I think they love to not contact people in order to make them late on payments and then place the burden on people with high interest rates and penalties when they do call to find out what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,252,877 times
Be proactive and give them a call. I had a 4-month payment plan last summer for 2008 taxes. We set it up on the phone and I had the paperwork within a few days.

I've dealt with the IRS three times (twice on the phone and once in the office). Every time has been a pleasant experience.

...And this is coming from someone who believes we'd be better off abolishing the IRS and having a strictly VAT/consumption tax system.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:31 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,013,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
Be proactive and give them a call. I had a 4-month payment plan last summer for 2008 taxes. We set it up on the phone and I had the paperwork within a few days.

I've dealt with the IRS three times (twice on the phone and once in the office). Every time has been a pleasant experience.

...And this is coming from someone who believes we'd be better off abolishing the IRS and having a strictly VAT/consumption tax system.

thanks. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 AM

12,460 posts, read 19,992,436 times
The IRS, at least from my experience, is surprisedly easy to deal with. I get the impression that the people that have the most trouble with them are people that are you know...trying to cheat them.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,759,827 times
They called me when they needed to speak with me regarding my payment plan amount that I'd requested/sent. Do they have your current phone number? I have nothing but nice things to say about them, they are top of the line in my opinion for customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics