U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 PM

8,596 posts, read 3,026,483 times

Advertisements

Just as a very general observation, high school students should not ever focus on a narrow degree or career options. As LL just put it, spend that time studying all the basics - chem, general bio, physiology if it's offered, and even incidentals like climate science/meteorology and scuba diving. The idea of studying Marine Biology Dammit! at a high school level is... likely to impose lots of limitations on school and career choices.

High school should deliver a solid basic education for adult life and a platform for college studies, with "college level work" restricted to part of the senior year. Not backwards-extend the job-ticket process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 02:38 PM

609 posts, read 223,271 times
We have Marine academics in my area for Junior High related students. However most of them a ADD and disabled. IDK why but for some reason they have this special school meant for people kids who are disabled. The parents live in lavished homes ( wealthy ) in the area of the city. I don't know how this works. But it has to relate to people who are born into wealth but are sorta disabled. Maybe they are using it as a crutch and all. Many if not all the students have some sorta learning disability. At least we are told that. You have to reach the building via ferry.

Some people in the education department barely and does not know such as school exists. Seriously they have them on the boats learning this and that. Again I think they are putting these students through this disabled b-**** to be considered a type of minority like gay or black......or Jewish.

The Marine academic for my local college ended because the department leader passed away. It was a small school but you could learn diving, boating, and other operations that leads to licenses. You have 40 years old taking these classes up. The marketing is usually towards being a operator of a Yacht or Cruise-liner. There is only other boating school in my campus area.

Last edited by DanArt; 06-18-2019 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-19-2019, 09:36 AM

22,463 posts, read 10,399,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
We have Marine academics in my area for Junior High related students. However most of them a ADD and disabled. IDK why but for some reason they have this special school meant for people kids who are disabled. The parents live in lavished homes ( wealthy ) in the area of the city. I don't know how this works. But it has to relate to people who are born into wealth but are sorta disabled. Maybe they are using it as a crutch and all. Many if not all the students have some sorta learning disability. At least we are told that. You have to reach the building via ferry.

Some people in the education department barely and does not know such as school exists. Seriously they have them on the boats learning this and that. Again I think they are putting these students through this disabled b-**** to be considered a type of minority like gay or black......or Jewish.

The Marine academic for my local college ended because the department leader passed away. It was a small school but you could learn diving, boating, and other operations that leads to licenses. You have 40 years old taking these classes up. The marketing is usually towards being a operator of a Yacht or Cruise-liner. There is only other boating school in my campus area.
First of all, before being so sarcastic about something you post about, read your post before you "send it". Read your second paragraph.

But more importantly, "disabled b-****"? Being disabled, whether mentally, physically, or emotionally, is not b-****. Perhaps if you "don't know how this works", it would be better not to post about it until you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or