U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Reputation: 7625

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thank you for your input. My son was nominated for the Honor Society because he has good character (never had any prior law involvement), excellent grades, tutored struggling students in chemistry, very polite, has done volunteer work at boys/girls club, etc......

This was a false allegation and charge against my son! That is why the judge totally dismissed it. There was NO evidence whatsoever. The chief of police is on probation for doing this sort of thing- fabricating evidence. The chief of police and the principal happen to be personal friends. This entire incident speaks about the character of the principal, chief of police, and anyone who disregards due process. My son NEVER trespassed.
And the question was...?

Rather, our first notification was a court summons.

Didn't your son mention this right after it happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Midwest
29,112 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Reputation: 6955
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And the question was...?

Rather, our first notification was a court summons.

Didn't your son mention this right after it happened?

No because he didn't know he would actually be charged since he never admitted to entering the school after hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
 
15,287 posts, read 16,833,735 times
Reputation: 15019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No because he didn't know he would actually be charged since he never admitted to entering the school after hours.
He never admitted to it, but that does not mean he did not do it.

I would think he would have mentioned being questioned by the police to you even if he did nothing wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Midwest
29,112 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Reputation: 6955
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
He never admitted to it, but that does not mean he did not do it.

I would think he would have mentioned being questioned by the police to you even if he did nothing wrong.
Thanks but this is going nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,702,140 times
Reputation: 14495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thanks but this is going nowhere.
Whether people here tell you what you want to hear is irrelevent. Our opinions on the matter don't hold water. If you think your son was treated unfairly, get a lawyer. It's that simple. A lawyer can answer all of your questions and whether you like the answers or not, you'll have to accept them coming from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Midwest
29,112 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Reputation: 6955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Whether people here tell you what you want to hear is irrelevent. Our opinions on the matter don't hold water. If you think your son was treated unfairly, get a lawyer. It's that simple. A lawyer can answer all of your questions and whether you like the answers or not, you'll have to accept them coming from him.
By going nowhere, I am referring to having to address the same questions over and over in this thread because people post off the cuff without reading the prior posts.

The judge, in his ruling, stated that my son's constitutional rights were violated. I have personally talked with the other boys who did trespass, they said my son and one of the other boys charged were never with them. They were willing to testify to this. Why would my son admit to something he did not do, as stated he confessed to in the police report, if he did not do it? In fact, when the alleged trespassing occurred, my son was helping his uncle replace windows at my house (a huge project).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,702,140 times
Reputation: 14495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
By going nowhere, I am referring to having to address the same questions over and over in this thread because people post off the cuff without reading the prior posts.

The judge, in his ruling, stated that my son's constitutional rights were violated. I have personally talked with the other boys who did trespass, they said my son and one of the other boys charged were never with them. They were willing to testify to this. Why would my son admit to something he did not do, as stated he confessed to in the police report, if he did not do it? In fact, when the alleged trespassing occurred, my son was helping his uncle replace windows at my house (a huge project).
If his rights were violated, I'd suggest you get a lawyer. Posters here, really, can't help you. A lawyer can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
 
Location: MMU->ABE->ATL->ASH
9,002 posts, read 16,123,201 times
Reputation: 9676
One thing to keep in mind, The ticket he got was dismissed, If you push it to a civil case, it will get into the law/case database, and out to google. When he applies to college, one thing the colleges do now is look at the students facebook page, google there name, and then the civil case will pop up. He may be rejected from college for no other reason then there is a civil case he(you) filed. And the college will never tell you, you will just get a form rejection lettter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
 
15,744 posts, read 13,171,628 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The police and principal, who was the witness to the questioning, said he confessed and falsely accused him.
Why would they do that?
Why would they want to make up charges against someone for no reason while they would then know that the kids who actual did it got away with no punishment?

Something doesn't add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Midwest
29,112 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Reputation: 6955
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Why would they do that?
Why would they want to make up charges against someone for no reason while they would then know that the kids who actual did it got away with no punishment?

Something doesn't add up.
Five kids were charged. The officer pressed the main kid involved until this kid gave him four other names (threatened him with jail time in real prison). The principal's son, who was also in the lounge, told the principal one of the kid's name and the names of his four close friends. (got info from reliable source).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top