U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-05-2011, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Florida
4,120 posts, read 3,077,308 times
Reputation: 8665

Advertisements

Um, you all do realize that this is a joke, right? Did you notice the hairstyles? Do you really think these are Miss America contenders? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 AM
 
3,783 posts, read 7,179,497 times
Reputation: 4134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet510 View Post
math is necessary to know for basic purposes, but to be honest i will never use most of the math i learned in school that i had to study so hard to learn lol
"Adding, but not . . . yeh . . . times!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 11:17 AM
 
Location: On a Slow-Sinking Granite Rock Up North
3,637 posts, read 5,268,362 times
Reputation: 2650
Please, please, please, I implore people:

Verify and differentiate between spoof videos and real issues before posting.

No wonder there are so many angry, misinformed people out there.

Gah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
 
Location: On a Slow-Sinking Granite Rock Up North
3,637 posts, read 5,268,362 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I thought it might be a spoof, but
I guess this is why I thought it might possibly be true.


‪Why education system in US is better than world? (Must Watch)‬‏ - YouTube

Jimmy Kimmel is pretty much known for comedy.

Now here's the biggest single issue I have with internet information and bogus outrage emails right here.

People take this stuff seriously and post without fact checking first.



Jimmy Kimmel Biography - Biography.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,220,253 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Jimmy Kimmel is pretty much known for comedy.

Now here's the biggest single issue I have with internet information and bogus outrage emails right here.

People take this stuff seriously and post without fact checking first.

Jimmy Kimmel Biography - Biography.com
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 PM
 
26,952 posts, read 38,201,283 times
Reputation: 34904
That was one of the funniest spoofs I've ever seen.

And some of the responses were funnier than the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
 
Location: On a Slow-Sinking Granite Rock Up North
3,637 posts, read 5,268,362 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What are you talking about?

The comments that indicate the spoof video was in fact a real video.

I can't tell you how many times people have sent me 'outrage' emails/videos about something that was lifted almost verbatim from some satire website, and taken as the truth - complete with some "Can you believe these bozos, why do we put them in office?" or "This is what you get when you let libs run the country!" etc. comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,220,253 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
The comments that indicate the spoof video was in fact a real video.

I can't tell you how many times people have sent me 'outrage' emails/videos about something that was lifted almost verbatim from some satire website, and taken as the truth - complete with some "Can you believe these bozos, why do we put them in office?" or "This is what you get when you let libs run the country!" etc. comments.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure why you linked Jimmy Kimmel's bio is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: On a Slow-Sinking Granite Rock Up North
3,637 posts, read 5,268,362 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure why you linked Jimmy Kimmel's bio is all.

Because that is Jimmy Kimmel (is it not? It's blurry) at the beginning of the video he/she posted, and that segment appears to be from his (satirical) show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,220,253 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Because that is Jimmy Kimmel (is it not? It's blurry) at the beginning of the video he/she posted, and that segment appears to be from his (satirical) show.
Yea, it's him. I'm sorry for being slow on the uptake, but I believe the point of the vid was the Ms SC girl rather than Kimmel. Or, are you saying that the whole Ms SC is a spoof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top